TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pondered (sp) and read up on bed liners for a while - perhaps too long...

Then yesterday I threw down for a Line-X over the rail spray on liner. OMG is it ever cool. I would have one of these put in any truck I bought now. Cant wait to punish it this summer with gear, tools, moving etc.

A must do. Everyone that sees it is like "damn that is good lookin!"

Just had to get that off my chest.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yeah I have the rhino sprayed in bed liner over the rails. They dont take that much punishment. I have a few tore spots in mine and they dont protect from dents. The best thing to do is to have it sprayed then through the plastic liner back in over the sprayed in liner. Then you have no way off messing your bed up.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah we have LineX over the rail on our 03 Silverado and it has held up great. They did a great job spraying it too. A ton of junk has been thrown in the back when taking stuff to the dump and there is no sign of wear or chipping. I have had Rhino and it is deffinately not as thick as LineX and seems to be a softer compound making it chip easier. After comparing the two I feel LineX is better, but Rhino may grip better. They are both the top two spray in liners though and wouldn't mind having either.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
i got my lineX about a year ago and i love it. i throw firewood logs in the bed all the time. i have a couple dents but nothing bad. good choice!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well I have had my rhino liner since 98 so a few chips ain't bad for it being that old.

·
Registered
360 Posts
How much did you all pay?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Live4yotas said:
Well I have had my rhino liner since 98 so a few chips ain't bad for it being that old.
Doesn't Rhino have a lifetime guarantee, so if it chips you can get it repaired? Pretty sure LineX has that aswell.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
nice :D

I had my bed line-x'd OTR... and couldn't be happier. Just be aware that the tailgate plate is weak, and while line-x will prevent scuffing and stuff, it won't prevent dents -- but you gotta really try, to dent the bed.

-r

·
Registered
261 Posts
Everybody should see what it looks like on the sides of the truck. Got my bottom 1/4 of my truck done here in Va beach. Rocks were eating my paint down there and I brain stormed the idea. Sucks cuz I saw the first copycat line-x truck like mine yesterday.Damn.

Sam

·
Registered
74 Posts
samsc03 said:
Everybody should see what it looks like on the sides of the truck. Got my bottom 1/4 of my truck done here in Va beach. Rocks were eating my paint down there and I brain stormed the idea. Sucks cuz I saw the first copycat line-x truck like mine yesterday.Damn.

Sam
I was in Wyoming in 2001 with some other fellows working an away assignment and one of them bought a Blazer, 84 or so, which was completely covered, as in painted, in Line X or Rhino or something like it.
It was interesting. Kind of looked tacky yet it looked kinda cool.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think I payed around 320 for mine.

I love mine! Best money spent so far. I've pounded the snot out of it, and finally cut it went I threw a 200 lb D44 in the back! Guess what, just had it fixed for FREE yesterday, AND they even recoated the entire bed! It looks brand new!! :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
i work at line-x, and believe me it is the best spray on bedliner by far they have a lifetime warranty, and are kind of expensive but way worth it b/c like chief said, they fix it for free, if you like the way it looks right after it's sprayed you can go back for 80 more dollars and have them spray a uv protectant spray over it and it will look like new forever, that doesn't really matter though, the only thing i've ever seen chip it was big heavy farm equipment or axles and what not, it is definately a superior when it comes to spray on bedliners, and another cool thing is you can line-X anything, you can line-X axles, bodies, insides, outsides, wheels, foam, bumpers, anything

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
samsc03 said:

Sam
i was quoted $399 to do the bottom 1/4 with line-x, does that seem high? how much did yours cost?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
SLIMTACO2 said:
i was quoted $399 to do the bottom 1/4 with line-x, does that seem high? how much did yours cost?
I was quoted 300 CDN when our dollar was at 0.61 and not 0.81, that seems ultra high. Shop around, or buy some decent spray on bedliner and use your friend's compressor....buy him a paint gun for his trouble.

·
Registered
54 Posts
you can get it in color but its really expensive b/c you are ruining 2 whole barrels of line-x, unless someone else comes in and wants that exact same color as well, but a little secret is that you can paint it and it works out just fine....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
while I was in the shop having mine installed someone called in asking for color. From what I overheard...it was like $300+ more for color. And, he had not done one in color for over 4 years - mostly because no one wants to pay that much. That would be getting closr to a grand! Yikes. Painting over it would be far cheaper if you had to have color. IMO - black looks real good.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SLIMTACO2 said:
Yup - I paid $480 for the whole bed done over the rail. The breakdown was $450 (bed)+$30(over the rail). The 3 authorized applicators in Denver all charges the same amount.

If you go the website www.line-x.com they have a $20 coupon.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts