TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to a local shop to ask what it would cost to have a back rack sprayed.
it's a typical one with 2 uprights a cross bar etc. The said $300 canadian. The reason it was so high was because there would be a lot of waste do to the spray process. It's ment to be applied to large surfaces, not small bars. Does it sound like a BS reason?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
X3...

Is logical. Buddy works at a line-x shop and says the same thing.

Only a small ammount is being applied to your bar, but in reality, it's a lot of product comming out of the gun. Not to mention you are coating all the way around, not just a flat, large surface...

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
X3...

Is logical. Buddy works at a line-x shop and says the same thing.

Only a small ammount is being applied to your bar, but in reality, it's a lot of product comming out of the gun. Not to mention you are coating all the way around, not just a flat, large surface...
Ya, they said that too.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any other suggestions? I really don't want this thing to rust. I'm not a huge fan of paint, it dosn't seem to last.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Any other suggestions? I really don't want this thing to rust. I'm not a huge fan of paint, it dosn't seem to last.
spray 6 coats of rustuleum on that sucker, it will last.;)

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,213 Posts
If you really want to be fancy, powdercoat...

Just paint it good. Touch up as needed. Even the Line-X may chip, or you may wear through it (at least the way I use the rail on my work truck!)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Powder coating isn't really too expensive, on something like that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
could buy a small can of herculiner. it will probably chip away eventually though. line-x is probably the best option, but you're right, who wants to spend that kind of $ on a bar? herculiner, rustoleium or powdercoat are probably the best options for the price.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
That is assrape expensive......I just had my rear tube bumper and sliders done and it cost no where near that much

1 - 11 of 11 Posts