TTORA Forum banner

Lingering SAW Question

3K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  themariachi 
Lift

themariachi said:
Have had my SAWs on for quite some time and still have a question. I have them cranked where 3" of thread is showing, is this too much to achieve 3" of lift?
It looks like you received very good info from others who have lifted their trucks also. To answer your question, the amount of threads showing does not determine the exact lift in inches. For example on all of our test vehicles and other installs we have done, we have usually preloaded the shocks with about 1 3/4" D & 1 5/8" P for the offset of weight on the drivers side, from what I can remeber this gave us about 2.5" maybe a little more over stock. You can squeez about 3.5" of lift w/ a uniball upper arm, but just remeber the more you preload the spring the stiffer your ride becomes. I hope this also helps, as alwyas please feel free to email ryan@swayaway.com for any questions or comments about the product we offer.

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.