TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Mother-Fuckers!

...And it had to be now - 3 months before my 1st trip to Moab!

:mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :mad: :banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
24 Posts
What kind of fucking idiot developer sees any benefit to closing access?

The only fucking reason people even go to Lion's Back is to climb the sumbitch.....anyone who buys a condo next to a big fucking rock just to look out their window and say "Oh lookee at the big rock I can look at" is an idiot.

Oh wait, this is 2007 America----nevermind, not surprised. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Is there even any acual evidence of this? Other than word of mouth? I just do not see any benifit to doing this?? Like someone else said, this is a huge reason Moab even see's tourist. Other than mountain biking and hiking, why else would you want to vacation there? I say its B.S. until I see some acual evidence.

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
jhunter said:
Is there even any acual evidence of this? Other than word of mouth? I just do not see any benifit to doing this?? Like someone else said, this is a huge reason Moab even see's tourist. Other than mountain biking and hiking, why else would you want to vacation there? I say its B.S. until I see some acual evidence.
I've heard rumors about it for awhile. Here's a document from almost a year ago talking about developing that area.

http://www.grandcountyutah.net/pdf/planning/060308_min.pdf

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
947 Posts
Mike said:
I've heard rumors about it for awhile. Here's a document from almost a year ago talking about developing that area.

http://www.grandcountyutah.net/pdf/planning/060308_min.pdf

Later,
....Mike
This was a future trip, and always has been. I had planned on going up there the week prior to the takeover. This is an "icon" to offroading. If you talk offroading with someone not familar with the sport, they bring up lions back. Being somewhat in this business, it could be worth something, but I see these documents come up all the time. Its the first steps. Usually in these cases its the next steps that are the problem. I also see no future bigtime revenue in this project. However, I am not familiar with the state or the area when it comes to these issues, so that is just my opinion based on my area and market. It will be sad if this does take place. Hell, if we could ever get these clubs together as a single unit, we could buy several of these properties to assure something like this does not take place in the future. I could go the rest of my life and not climb lionsback and would be fine. However, I would like to have had that option you know.. If this one goes down, who is to say that the rest of the area, and other areas are not going to go down the same route? I think with these new OHV's opening up, Texas is doing fine. We just got a 3300 acre site not far from me. Hopefully we can lock up more of these around the nation before these money hungry punks screw it all up.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
that`s retarded.........there`s PLENTY of land and rock ledges to build on....that area takes less than 1% of available areas.....LOL "available area" in Utah....

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
WTF such beautiful land, atleast u can rent a condo and wheel without camping?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Animal said:
I wanted to climb this too!!! that's BS!! is there some type of Petition that can be signed or what not...??

I wanna be scared as this guy!!! :D
I am not even going to clink the link, but I have a feeling its they guy in the white jeep?? I agree, I would like to be able to climb this as well one day. I dont think there is any kind of Petition because its private land isnt it?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
49 Participants
heeltoe989
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing