TTORA Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
what in the hel i am from colorado and sadly relocated to utah thats straight up bull shit they are trying to do the same thing to a resrot that i grew up at in coloado famously known as wokf creek damn fuckin investors i think it is bull shit personally and what not. leave it open for recreation and i well agree with the guy that says tread lightly i hate the fuckin out of state hunters that fuckin trash colorado during the fuckin huntin season stay the fuck out fuck the developers fuck ass holes

·
#1 cruiser
3,660 Posts
Im sure im out of place here but have we ever thought about a small members fee to help keep our open areas open? Would most of our members just laugh at the fee and never join? Why can't we get all clubs to pool some money and buy a piece of land that we keep clean and have to wheel. No one can tell us to go we get a yearly sticker to stick on a windshield and as long as we are members we helped pay for that land. Again maybe Im talking out my ass but hell we all talk about doing something to change it all but really do we? The world revolves around the green stuff. I mean even if the members fee is a bad idea how about an auction? We get gear from members sponsers whoever and get some green to save some land! What do we have to loose? If nothing else We will have cash to hold a bbq at our next ttora takeover!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
what in the hel i am from colorado and sadly relocated to utah thats straight up bull shit they are trying to do the same thing to a resrot that i grew up at in coloado famously known as wokf creek damn fuckin investors i think it is bull shit personally and what not. leave it open for recreation and i well agree with the guy that says tread lightly i hate the fuckin out of state hunters that fuckin trash colorado during the fuckin huntin season stay the fuck out fuck the developers fuck ass holes
wut?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Im sure im out of place here but have we ever thought about a small members fee to help keep our open areas open? Would most of our members just laugh at the fee and never join? Why can't we get all clubs to pool some money and buy a piece of land that we keep clean and have to wheel. No one can tell us to go we get a yearly sticker to stick on a windshield and as long as we are members we helped pay for that land. Again maybe Im talking out my ass but hell we all talk about doing something to change it all but really do we? The world revolves around the green stuff. I mean even if the members fee is a bad idea how about an auction? We get gear from members sponsers whoever and get some green to save some land! What do we have to loose? If nothing else We will have cash to hold a bbq at our next ttora takeover!
Good ideas, but a lot of us DO belong to clubs and pay those dues specifically to support various open area quests. Look in the sig's.... Cal4Wheel, Corva, FOTR, Blue Ribbon Coalition, and look at all the events these folks do: Clean-ups, trail maintenance. I know you're trying to do a good thing here, just don't discount all that folks here are already doing to keep the trails open.... Keep up the motivation!

·
Registered
583 Posts
so i hear you it is like that where i grew up and what not. They wanted to shut down part of a quaruary we had to mark future trails and trails that we had. We did petition it to. So yeah it one of those things. As far as being the typical utahan hell no. I am lds but not one of these hipocrits out here i am who i am i keep it real. I

·
Registered
314 Posts
I wanted to climb this too!!! that's BS!! is there some type of Petition that can be signed or what not...??

I wanna be scared as this guy!!! :D

This was too funny, you can nearly hear the guy hyperventilating.....

This was one of the reasons I created a video of climbing Lion's back, without all the BS and "I'm really scared" comments.

For those who have not wheeled Lion's Back, that really sucks. Its such a cool icon in Moab, and a really thrilling climb. So, for those that haven't climbed Lion's back, here is some Web-wheeling for ya on Lion's Back:

http://www.hunt4steve.com/videos/SteveO_Moab_Lions_Back.WMV

81 - 93 of 93 Posts