TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to Brighton and I need to access a loading dock. I borrowed my father's enclosed trailer to move and he will be bringing my Taco up on his 5th wheel so I need a place so that we can load the enclosed trailer onto the 5th wheel so he can take it home in one trip. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Brighton eh? Keep an eye out for me, honk/wave or something. I live in Brighton as well (black ext. cab on reg cab frame, primer bed, white tailgate, all pro front bumper, yellow headlights)

Theres a loading dock at the high school, not sure how long you'll need it as it blocks part of the street with a long trailer.

Other than that, theres an old train dock on Main St. However, it is private property and not exactly "legal".

I'll try to think of where else there's a loading dock and i'll let you know.

PM me and we can get in touch, i've been in brighton for 10 years now, pretty familiar with the area.

I know i've seen another one around, i just cant quite pin point it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
You could back the 5th wheel into a ditch and then load the trailer.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
ha ha. I was serious though. find a shallow bar ditch or something. I've loaded plenty of stranded motorcycles (my brother never checked weather reports) using a ditch or hillside. Should work same with a trailer.

·
Registered
434 Posts
ha ha. I was serious though. find a shallow bar ditch or something. I've loaded plenty of stranded motorcycles (my brother never checked weather reports) using a ditch or hillside. Should work same with a trailer.
oh i know, i'm serious too! i was serious when i said effective!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. I might try and find the high school dock. My Dad is bringing up some ramps but with a loading dock it would take out some of the approach angle. The fold down ramps are too steep and the enclosed trailer doesn't have much clearance. I did this once before when I had to load a car on his 5th wheel. With the ramps up it makes a flat surface the full length of the trailer.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brighton eh? Keep an eye out for me, honk/wave or something. I live in Brighton as well (black ext. cab on reg cab frame, primer bed, white tailgate, all pro front bumper, yellow headlights)

Theres a loading dock at the high school, not sure how long you'll need it as it blocks part of the street with a long trailer.

Other than that, theres an old train dock on Main St. However, it is private property and not exactly "legal".

I'll try to think of where else there's a loading dock and i'll let you know.

PM me and we can get in touch, i've been in brighton for 10 years now, pretty familiar with the area.

I know i've seen another one around, i just cant quite pin point it.
I will keep an eye out. I know I would recognize your truck I love the build. Is the bed still white? Not sure if mine will be out much. Just depends on the local cops I guess.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Loading dock for the high school is between 8th and 9th ave. on egbert.

Streets go up as they go east, (ie: main is west end of town, 45th is east)

Egbert is about 2 blocks south of Bridge St.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I would for sure check out the school. I have used it before.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We got it. Thanks though. The dock at the school was too narrow. I had an adjustable drop hitch so we were able to lower the hitch and with a few blocks back it on. The enclosed trailer ended up being a lot wider than we thought. The tires were just over the sides on the 26ft 5th wheel trailer.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Sorry i missed your last post about the current state of my truck :p

Thanks for the comments, the bed is currently primer, tailgate is still white.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts