TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn`t see what I was looking for:

I remember seeing pics of a back plate that someone fabber to strengthen the bed panel mounting point of a loc-rac. Thinking of a using an 1/8" piece of rubber between fabbed back plate and toy bed panel. Anyone wanna share pics or ideas?

don`t want to have to worry about it when I`m tearing down a trail.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
What I did for a hilift mount was fab up two verticle brackets out of 3/8"x 2" flat bar. Welded a base plate approx. 4" long that bolts into the floor and the top is welded to an 1/4"x2" piece that runs horizontal along the bed lip about 3". drilled a 3/4" bolt threw the verticle piece and stuck a carriage bolt threw it to hold the hilift via a shaved washer and wing nut.

Made two of these and spaced them accordingly to hang my 60's off of. the bolts are long enough I can carry my 48" shaft behind the hilift and have both lengths on hand for which ever I need. The hi lifts ride just below the lip of the bed along the side, yet are completely out of the way of any thing I need to put in the bed. I have even used the hi lift as an achor point to tie off from.

Very stout. I actually borrowed the idea off the board. But I can't remember which thread I saw it on. A search might help you out there. (no I am not being a search nazi, just letting you know the info is out there)

Hope this helps. I don't have any photos of the set up unfortunately as it is pretty basic set up.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Is this the 4XRAC ?

I just used fender washers... You can get the rubber fender washers as well to slip between those if you wanted... I didn't... But I did use lock washers... You'll find this to be the cheapest and simplest way to go... and it's plenty strong... keep in mind the surface area up in there is uneven... so a plate style would not really sit flush to the surface... Oh and it's a bitch to get up in there and get them nuts and washers on... I had my boy do it as he has smaller hands... Mine has not come loose yet and seems real strong as far as the mounting goes... And I have the 60" Hi Lift... When you mount it... be sure to put the weight of the jack on the fender well... to give it more support and less load on the brackets ;) ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
TacoDell
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing