TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so once you are an internet member of ttora are you still allowed to join a smaller (20 people) more local 4x4 club or will you be shunned and cast into the abyss for eternity? my point being im in Redding and most of the folks in norcalttora seem to be in sacramento, sanfran, bayarea, santa rosa etc. all which is 2-4hours south of me! In the bay people ride around with nor-cal stickers on there trucks and cars, but if you examine a map thats more mid-cal. so the folks up here call this area north state. above sac, below oregon. anyway im in contact with norcalttora and plan to go on some of there trips. its just way south of me. i just dont want to be cast into the abyss for eternity. im gonna order some ttora stickers, thats legal right? haha
peace out guys

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,533 Posts
TTORA isn't an exclusive club. We don't mind if your a member of other local clubs also.

I'm a member of 3 different 4x4 clubs. One club I hardly ever wheel with, the other I go out on trips with them all the time (including last weekend), and also TTORA. I wheel with the other club more often because I like the trips they plan. I wheel with TTORA when I want to do some more serious offroading since the other clubs have lots of members with stock vehicles.

I've also invited Jeep, Land Rover and Nissan owners on TTORA runs in the past. The common bond is the love for off-roading...regardless of what you drive or where you wheel. Just have fun doing it! :cool:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
As long as you are honest with her...it's not cheating:boobies: :)

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
as long as its in another zip code it doesn't count.:D

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Belonging to and riding with other clubs should be encouraged for two reasons that I can think of off the top of my head:

1) It reduces the unfortunate incestuous tendencies inherent with a Toyota-only club. Nothing wrong with Toyota-only clubs - it's just that there is so much more out there in the wheeling world that it would be a shame not to experience it and learn more from it. Besides all the flaming crap you'll get on this fine forum, you'll get alot of other "Toyota bashing" crap at first for driving what many American 4x4 owners refer to as "4NJUNK." But then when they see how uncommon it is for a Toyota to break on the trail compared to other makes and models, and when they see how Toyotas can not only hang on tough trails but can also conquer them just as easily, they'll get a chance to learn about and respect our Toyotas.

2) One of the greatest weaknesses in the 4-wheeling community is our lack of organization and cohesion, which has resulted in woefully pathetic attempts to keep access open to trails that were once legal to ride on, much less the opening of new, legal areas for us to enjoy. Joining other clubs and keeping in touch with other enthusiasts that you might not otherwise get to meet, helps a tiny bit in adding more cohesion within our community.

I'm sure there are other good reasons to join and be a part of other 4x4 clubs, but those two are the first that came to mind.

FWIW, I'm a member of TTORA, the Toyota Trail Riders (a local subchapter of TLCA), Fullsize Broncos, and the DFW-TX4WD club, which participates in a charitable orphan run and hosts the annual Mega Run Challenge here in Texas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts