TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a contact for a somewhat local shop to the Austin area? It seems that most of the shops have moved out, work primarily on Jeeps, or don't do any bending.

Wasn't there a guy in San Marcos that did good work on some of your trucks?

Thanks,

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a tire carrier on my Tacoma now. The base of the bumper is an All Pro, and Krawltex added this swing arm to it:

The hinge and latch are from 4x4 labs.
When we take off to Colorado, the back end looks like this:

I would like to either modify this swing arm to accept hitch mounted cargo carrier or make another swing arm entirely that I could attach a cargo carrier to. The spare would be going back under the truck, and I would want the carrier to attach via two smaller receiver hitches to balance out the weight.
I hate the bike rack on the back right now. It beats the crap out of the bikes no matter how much foam and bungees I use. If I had cargo carrier, mounted high enough so it won't smash on climbs or small ledges, it would solve more problems than having my tire on the back. My bikes would attach either with fork mounts or these:

and I would have room left over for gas cans, fire wood, trash, etc....
That's the plan.

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
You are talking about Jayce, JFAB.....I will PM you.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Is that Chris Cook or another Chris? I will contact both places and see who has more time available. I may have found a quicker solution for the moment. Saris makes a tray style bike rack that mounts to a spare tire.

Thanks for the info. I'll let y'all know what I find out or decide to do.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
talk to chris at torch monkey fab. he has what is left of krawltex and can do the work at a good price.

Haha. Someone mentioned that guy recently and I swear they said porch monkey fab. Makes sense now. Lol.

·
Registered
354 Posts
he bought it from the guy that bought (or tried to atleast) krawltex when cam was moving to vegas. He changed the name afterwards to make a new name for himself but still puts out great work.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
he bought it from the guy that bought (or tried to atleast) krawltex when cam was moving to vegas. He changed the name afterwards to make a new name for himself but still puts out great work.
OK, good to know.That's him. It was a last minute decision to put a winch on my 4runner before Moab. I bought the winch from 4wdfactory and they modified my bumper to get it to fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
AustinTaco
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing