TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to drain, flush and replace the coolant in my 02 tacoma 3.4L V6, but my manual says there are two coolant drain plugs, and i can only find the one on the bottom of the radiator. I guess the other one drains the coolant from the engine, but I don't know where it is or what type of drain plug to look for. Does anyone know where it's at or what it looks like? Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
Timber03 said:
I want to drain, flush and replace the coolant in my 02 tacoma 3.4L V6, but my manual says there are two coolant drain plugs, and i can only find the one on the bottom of the radiator. I guess the other one drains the coolant from the engine, but I don't know where it is or what type of drain plug to look for. Does anyone know where it's at or what it looks like? Thanks
You can do what I did. Drain from the radiator, and then with heater on full blast fill up with water and run the engine, drain and repeat until water comes out clean.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a pic of where it is on my 4cyl, but I don't know if that would help you.

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Timber03 said:
Replied to you on Yotatech Timber. :D

Go to this thread and you can find the whole 2003 FSM online. That link I posted on Yotatech will take you directly to the pdf for coolant replacement and it has a crappy picture of where both drain plugs are.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was told to be sure & use the Toyota coolant. (I guess there is difference.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice...I still can't seem to find that second drain plug, but I think I'll just drain from the radiator...it just kinda bugs me that I can't find the engine drain plug..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts