TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if you guys even saw my last post but I got it all back together and there is about an inch of play when you turn the tires before the locker/carrier/ringear engage. I don't think this is right but I don't have any choice but to drive it until something explodes :eek: since the technician at Lockright seems to think that it is normal.

Basically when I go from 1st to reverse there will be slack in the drive train intil the pinion shaft hits the side of the locker. God forbid that happens during a power take off or if I'm rocking the truck back and forth to get out of a mud hole.

I guess I'll find out in a few days :confused:

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
faithoffroad said:
I don't know if you guys even saw my last post but I got it all back together and there is about an inch of play when you turn the tires before the locker/carrier/ringear engage. I don't think this is right but I don't have any choice but to drive it until something explodes :eek: since the technician at Lockright seems to think that it is normal.

Basically when I go from 1st to reverse there will be slack in the drive train intil the pinion shaft hits the side of the locker. God forbid that happens during a power take off or if I'm rocking the truck back and forth to get out of a mud hole.

I guess I'll find out in a few days :confused:[/QUOTE
yep,lockrights make the driveline sloppy.i have them front and rear.as to back and forth motions,ive had no problems:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,997 Posts
faithoffroad said:

I guess I'll find out in a few days :confused:
That's how mine works. Been in there more than 6 years and hasn't blown up yet (knock on wood)!

Later,
....Mike

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's just an estimated inch.

I think its OK but my Aussie locker is tottaly diferent. There isnt hardly any play in it at all.

I think I was just a little too overconcerned with it. I do like the fact that I can actually do donuts now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts