TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after weeks of pretending that little toggle switch on my dash actually did something, now it finally does... Last weekend I got my new e-locking axle in the truck, but it unfortunately wasn't as easy as plugging it in. I did some pre-wiring before, but that of course wasn't correct. I spent all of today trouble shooting various problem areas within the wiring. Once that was finalized, I had to set and align my actuator....which also wasn't correct (this one wasn't my fault).

I took it out for a "test drive" in a dirt parking lot...and I gotta say, locked in 2WD pulls a very easy (and fun) donut...

Then I can just flick the switch off when the fun is done, and I'm back to open.

I know, most of you are locked....why should you care? Haha...well I don't care if you care, because I'm excited damn it! :D

I can't wait to test it out for real....

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I spun my first successful black top kittys when I put my quick lock locker in. I was pretty stoked too. You'll be pleased the first time you walk through something that you know you couldn't have before.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ehh... I should have waited....this is killing me and my wallet....

That and my truck is on jackstands on Troy and Molly's driveway until god knows when...

Damn it I'm stressed out...:explode:

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
big projects usually dont happen in a day, sorry kyle lol... just like i said with my car when we ran into town to get the pumpkins and what not.

Time and patience, in the end it will pay off and thats all that matters.

It'll get done, one way or another, and it wont be too long im sure.

Look at troy for example, frankly, his truck spends more time on jack stands than on the trail :p but he doesnt stress it. Its part of the game.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
semi-float is the ADD setup from my understanding, its not full floating like yours or mine isaac.

Pretty sure thats it anyway. :shrug: lol

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I have fricken ADD....which makes a few things a pain in the ass in this whole process.

Nate, I did get my rear axle in, in one day... If we were quick about it, and had the right stuff on hand, I'm pretty sure we could have done the front in one day too. We were really pretty damn leisurely....but it didn't matter, because nothing was happening with it that night anyway.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
the problem now is "auto parts gnomes". Ya know, when a vehicle sits, taken apart, the gnomes will steal the tiniest bolts or nuts just to make your life hell. The gnomes hide nearby to watch your frustration as you try to reassemble.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
semi-float is the ADD setup from my understanding, its not full floating like yours or mine isaac.

Pretty sure thats it anyway. :shrug: lol
It is semi float, thats why the axle has to be in there. But you don't need the diff. You can run with the axles wired up out of the way, if you have to, with manual hubs.

Yours and mine don't need the axles. You can pull them out, plut the hole with a towel, and drive it all you want. Not the best, but you can do it.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Right - but he has ADD, so the CV's would be turning.

If he had manual hubs, he would be full float, right? Isn't that why it's so expensive to switch?
I stand corrected. Did some research and found that you do indeed replace with FF when converting new models to Manual hubs. Apologies, I thought the kit left the inner bearing alone. It does not.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's back in MY OWN DRIVEWAY!!! AND WORKING!! YAY! Haha...you guys have no idea how happy I am...seriously....

·
Registered
898 Posts
congrats kyle, big relief. now, you can skip the bypasses and work your way up the obstacles. im jealous. im saving my money for ARB i think. we'll see how things work out. ARB or elocker for sure.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. Yeah, I'm definitely excited to get into some crazier stuff without spinning the hell out of my tires all the way up it. It will be interesting to take it back to Moody/Crystal, just to see the differences of a locker, and some more wheeling experience.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts