TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my quick cut for tire clearence was enough to let some water up in the intake. and now after going a bit too fast through the coney flata water crossing i locked it up. and it seems pretty well screwed up! my garage will be very difficult to do the swap in so im hopeing some one can lend me some space for some cash whiskey or chicken wings! worst case ill have to have a shop do it but id like to save some cash if at all possible.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Have you tried pulling the plugs and changing the oil yet? It might not have killed it completely...

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
That was you guys? Dude that sucks!!!! I tried keeping my distance from all the people cause I know how that gets.... It sounds pretty bad man. I'd say pull all the plugs and get all the water you can out. Drain fluids if it got in the oil and see if it will turn over. I think from the sounds of it that it's more then just water at this point. If you do get it to turn over do a compression test I see bent valves or rods in your future.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Btw if you don't find a spot I know a guy who can knock it out and save you some cash over a shop. I'd be down to do it but I'm packed and slammed for another 2-3 weeks

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I have a 3.4 sitting in my shop; needs some love but it spins freely. I haven't torn in to it but from what I've been told it needs water pump/timing belt/t-stat. I can make some shop space if you can get it to Colorado Springs; shop is complete with manly air compressor, engine hoist and tools galore.

And it's walking distance to a bar and liquor store.

Amd Subway.

>>Dan

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup that was my dumb ass!! who woulda thought a chucnk of plastic would make the diffence. i will drain the oil and pull the pan tommorow .pulling the plugs was the first thing i tried. we figure o had too much rpm hitting the water in 4low combined with my fubared fender liner was enough to not let it do what its done a plenty of times before. ya it was pretty annoying having everyone crowd arround and ask " did ya pull the plugs" lol!

funny thing is i needed to do alot of maintence to it anyway like valves waterpump timing belt and pulleys plus it felt like the old engine wasnt running as strong as it coulda. good excuse to slap on mew O2 sensors. pm me the guys # and ill call him on tuesday and see how much hell charge.

otherwise fawk! looks like today was my turn for a "little" bad luck

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Don't feel bad man after you left a black jeep did the same thing and was towed the other way out. My buddy blew a coolant line on his 3.4 at the lake and had the top part of the motor and hood ripped apart trying to get home and a guy I used to work with blew a tranny line in his blazer fixed it and busted the pan on the tranny. You would think msv was bv carnage today.

·
Registered
397 Posts
The lake eats rigs/drivers that use too much throttle.

My Cousin hit the lake doing 10MPH (first time through the lake.) He had a CAI on his 4Runner, he filled the intake tube with water, but luckily it dried out and we made it off the trail.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol i was thinking about this today... it was unavoidable that i hydro locked and blew it up. ive spent the last 5 years wrecklessly driving my truck through deep puddles riveres streams and shallow lakes. when i cut out that fender liner i doomed myself then and there. i should have been smart enough to put two and two together but sadly like the nasa engineers that didnt think a missing insulationtile was a big deal. i let the issue pass and payed for it with the life of my poor tacos heart! lol!

also im wondering if i anyone knows if i have to do anything special or look for a specific engine b/c of the emessions crap and the throttle by wire on 04-03 models

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Sent pm with his info.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Still lookin for a garage or shop the one guy hasnt gotten back to me with a quote so i take it he doesnt want the job : /

Options include iribis offroad to do the whole thing but its more than id like to spend.

There is a place that will rebuild a 3.4 in a week and offer a 50,000 mile warrenty or 3 years.

Junk yard prices range from 550 to 1700

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Text him. He's slammed 24/7 you have to ride his ass to get him to respond. He works fast tho

·
7,735 Posts
If it were me, I'd buy one (not more than $800 tho complete with fuckin everything) and swap it in my garage. Hard to give you advice tho since it doesn't sound like you have that luxury.

I'd offer, but I have one in there already and another that needs to get in there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts