TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question about lockers. I know what they are and what they do, what I don't know is how hard they are to install and wether or not you should have one for the front, one for the back, or both. I know it may be a stupid question, but I just didn't know the answer.Also, how expensive is a locker?THANX. :confused:

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
NC's BeefTaco said:
I have a quick question about lockers. I know what they are and what they do, what I don't know is how hard they are to install and wether or not you should have one for the front, one for the back, or both. I know it may be a stupid question, but I just didn't know the answer.Also, how expensive is a locker?THANX. :confused:
There are TWO threads in the main tech folder at the moment which answer both your questions.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6280 - Which to lock first? Front or rear?

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6442 - Lock-right Install

The lock right install will be much easier than say a ARB air locker. air lockers require drilling holes for an air line, getting an sir source (co2 or compressor), the trade off is, however, the arb can be unclocked, where as the lock-right is a full time locker; so you're streetability would be decreased somewhat.

An arb locker is in the $650 + install range and the lockright/aussie locker are in the upper $200 + install range.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for your help.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am trying to find information on what goes between the air compressor and the ARB locker in my rear end when I install one. Do I need a tank to hold pressure or does the compressor simply run a short while to build pressure in the lines to actuate the locker? Information or details about how to install an air compressor to allow for airing tires and actuating an ARB would be great.
I have been searching the site and reading threads for the last hour trying to see pics or read about what is required exactly to install an ARB air system. I am probably going to look at local auto stores to see if I can't infd an MF-1050 or MV50 air compressor and build my own air system to run my fuure ARB air locker (RD-89).
Thanks for any help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts