TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys starting to do some research I want to lock the front and do a mod on the rear any advise?

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh I se you did podst up;)

Well after we get some good input we could do an install at the Wheelers For The Wounded charity wrench-apthon on Sunday June 28th at Peterson AFB,, right diwn the way from you!

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134057

So once you get some good advice and mae a decision, brig the goods and we'll have some tech's there to hell do the mod(s) :D

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Not sure what brands have lockers for the "new" 8" front yet, but generally, your choices are:
Selectable - ARB in this case. No performance sacrifice, strong. Expensive and complex.
Full carrier - Detroit. Sacrifices on road performance slightly. Simple and strong.
Lunchbox - Lockrite, Aussie. Significant on road performance reduction. Easy install.
Limited slip - Trutrac. On road performance INCREASE, off road only slightly better than open. Can limit CV damage in certain situations.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not sure what brands have lockers for the "new" 8" front yet, but generally, your choices are:
Selectable - ARB in this case. No performance sacrifice, strong. Expensive and complex.
Full carrier - Detroit. Sacrifices on road performance slightly. Simple and strong.
Lunchbox - Lockrite, Aussie. Significant on road performance reduction. Easy install.
Limited slip - Trutrac. On road performance INCREASE, off road only slightly better than open. Can limit CV damage in certain situations.
Did some calling around and it seems like detroit does not make an application for any toyota IFS. Correct me if I'm wrong though, but I know for a fact that detroit does not make an application for the 01's-the 04's front IFS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts