TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill probably get flamed for this, did a search, didnt find anything. on my sas'd runner, i blew the left birfield in a really bad way(lots of damage). it trashed the locking hub internals. was going to replace with toy parts till i started getting prices. whats the next best hub? warn, superwinch etc?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
BOVADS said:
ill probably get flamed for this, did a search, didnt find anything. on my sas'd runner, i blew the left birfield in a really bad way(lots of damage). it trashed the locking hub internals. was going to replace with toy parts till i started getting prices. whats the next best hub? warn, superwinch etc?
They are all inferior to Aisin, and not that much cost difference. Heh, if you broke a 1ton truck hauling shit, you wouldn't replace it with an S10 because it was cheaper would you?
Find a used set somewhere- a whole damn axle full of spare parts hub to hub is cheaper than one brand new Aisin.
I've seen somewhere that Bobby Long makes internals for the hubs- if you could swap those in, I think they are about 80 a side and then don't sweat it. Don't know much about that though, its on my list of things to find out about/do.
Oh, thats where- there was a set of spiffed up Aisin hubs with Long internals for sale on Pirate- about $300. May of even been on here too.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was looking for something this weekend to go wheeling, all the different shops around have warn and superwinch in stock, junkyard axels are 350$ but are about an hour away, and im at work today. i agree the the fact ones are the best, was just curious if there is a second choice to throw on for the weekend

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
AISIN without question.. You thought that getting cheap hub was a good idea wait till you pop another one an it eats your splines. Get another AISIN from a junkyard or a buddy. Put Longfield hub gears in it and some ARP hub studs then call it a day b/c I doubt you will break another. I think Brian at Front Range carries AISIN ones.

Also ASCO hubs are good from the 1st gen pickups. It was before company changed their name to AISIN.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
ATLRoach said:
AISIN without question.. You thought that getting cheap hub was a good idea wait till you pop another one an it eats your splines. Get another AISIN from a junkyard or a buddy. Put Longfield hub gears in it and some ARP hub studs then call it a day b/c I doubt you will break another. I think Brian at Front Range carries AISIN ones.

Also ASCO hubs are good from the 1st gen pickups. It was before company changed their name to AISIN.
Good call- I forgot Brian had all that shit for sale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Wes
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing