TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

New to pickup trucks. Wife wanted a pickup for horse stuff so I finally broke down and bought an 09 Tacoma (4 door). It’s cherry and real low mileage. Other than a nuisance buzz in the console at 11-13 hundred RPMs under load and locking rear brakes, it’s a nice truck.

Anyway, I have a trailer that I haul my mower around with. I figured I don’t need it any longer since I have a truck bed so I was wondering if, for loading and unloading the mower onto the truck, do they make locking shock absorbers for the rear so that I can, lock the rear shocks, back up to a loading dock, drive my mower onto the bed, and pull away from the loading dock without the bed settling from the weight of the mower? Obviously, I’d unlock them before driving but it just seems like a good idea for this application.

I’m guessing commercial vehicles have this system for the same reason.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Howdy from Branson Mo.
and welcome to this forum
I've never heard of locking shocks and don't see a need for them. I'm assuming it's a push mower since I don't think a riding mower would fit in the bed.? No need to complicate things, just load it up and go, it's a Tacoma, it can handle it. you can always add a leaf spring for less sag and extra towing capacity, if needed.
if you still want to load without sagging, just put a floor jack under it while loading, then when loaded, you can simply lower the jack and drive away. I would imagine it's much faster & easier than messing with a shock locking device, which I don't think anyone makes.
I hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s what I figured I’d do. Maybe just a 4x4 on end under the trailer hitch. It’s actually a zero turn. It will just fit. Weighs about #550.

Thanks the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
wow, I can't believe it fits. you can always put it on the trailer, if you don't feel like loading it in the truck.
I've pulled my daughters car ( chevy cobalt ) on a uhaul car dolly for 4 hours ( twice ) without a problem.
I'm so impressed with the 4.0L and it's power, I thought it wouldnt be enough when I went from my F-150 with 351 Windsor to my Tacoma.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bet you miss that 71 as much as i miss my 74 bronco ( also with a 351W )
the Tacoma is a great truck, and much easier to lift than a ford ( cheaper too )
I have a 2007 trd offroad and i gave it a 2 1/2" lift in front, & 1 1/2" on the rear ( to level it up )
Enjoy That Tacoma

1 - 7 of 7 Posts