TTORA Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody been up log coral trail to barlet lake, then down and across the river lately. my buddy just got his '07 lifted and tires and wheels and he wants to wheel it again after i took him up on top of four peaks last weekend

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
No, not lately. I've been on that trail twice and both times there was alot of close brush, so it's likely the '07 will get scratched up.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
there was alot of close brush, so it's likely the '07 will get scratched up.
Excellent way to get the crying over much quicker!:saw: :D

·
Registered
357 Posts
I did a night run a couple months back on the first section of Log Corral. This is the hardest part, and I would recommend having at least a rear locker and 33s. Especially on an 07 Tacoma.

The trail has changed quite a bit from last years storms.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah we got the crying about scratches over last weekend when i took my new dark grey runner, his 07 taco and a dark red zr2 blazer down a trail that was badly overgrown up on top of four peaks.
i was going to take my taco on log coral, i dont have sliders completed for runner yet, they shoudl be at powder coaters by friday. i figure with one locker (me) i should be able to pull them if they get hung up. curiuos how river is running out of barlett lake.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
USGS streamflow - http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?09510000

~ 120cfs - you shouldnt have any issues crossing.

There are some good sized rocks about a quarter mile into the trail, I would definitely make sure those new vehicles all have sliders. Then again, it could be all stacked too...

westy, ya seem to always have the info....:D

Cool trail: water crossings, rocks, and washouts. I heard the rock garden got harder after a rain like 7 months ago, been awhile...I`ll have to run this is a couple weeks :D. Either that or Hackberry...

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well me and a guy with a stone stock zr2 blazer did log coral, the guy with the 07 taco rode with me. well the rock section has changed a little bit. totally do-able with one rear locker. glad i took 3 tow straps and d-rings. had to drag the zr2 over almost every obstacle and rock. the sand wash was fun, met some more toyota guys on top by coral. one really nice early '80's truck with taco (3.4l) motor and tranny,dual cases, iroks, and he had a/c. got down to the lake had fun on the big sand uphills, the zr2 wouldnt do much. we went out towards dam, just past the dam the road is really washed out, i ended driving down the wash a little then back up the side to get back on road, it was really tippy and and had bad written all over it, i was puckered cause of the tippy feeling, but made it. we stacked alot of rocks for the zr2 ( i mean alot!) and he made it. the river had the least amount of water in it ive ever seen. all in all good easy trip

·
Registered
357 Posts
Good to hear you guys had a nice trip. That is a great area back there.

Hopefully you unstacked the rocks after the ZR2 made it through.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
wtf!! - real great fucking impressed whooo...lets brag about stacking rocks.
Total bullshit you stacked the trail - keep it off thid board cause we don't want that kind of shit on here. Hope you unstacked it.

we stacked alot of rocks for the zr2 ( i mean alot!) and he made it. the river had the least amount of water in it ive ever seen. all in all good easy trip

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
where we stacked rocks is where the road(trail) had washed away. that zr2 wasnt about to be able to drive down into the wash and back up other side like i did. by the time we got that zr2 through that section trust me we didnt do anybody any favors by rock stacking. i wasnt about to turn around and go all the way back when i was that close to the river, and im not sure if he would have slid off the side of the road even being strapped to my truck he would have made it without pulling me down to. so yes you couldnt tell we stacked rocks by the time we were done. so t-bob until you see where were and what we were dealing with dont jump to conclusoins. we didnt stack rocks in the fun rock section i pulled(drug) him through that. so you can still make that section in four wheel drive you whinner

·
Registered
189 Posts
damn didnt realize stackin was so dispized, guess i know what NOT to do if and when i wheel with ya'll :eek:

·
Registered
357 Posts
This is my opinion; stacking rocks is ok in some circumstances and in moderation (ie - you arent completely changing or destroying the trail or terrain nearby), everyone has and will do it at some point.

However, make sure to UNSTACK the rocks and return them where you found them. Leave the trail in better condition then you found it.

I dont think its a big deal in this circumstance. Now if you were out on Elvis or Terminators, where the truck has no business then it woudl be another story if you were out there stacking.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is my opinion; stacking rocks is ok in some circumstances and in moderation (ie - you arent completely changing or destroying the trail or terrain nearby), everyone has and will do it at some point.

However, make sure to UNSTACK the rocks and return them where you found them. Leave the trail in better condition then you found it.

I dont think its a big deal in this circumstance. Now if you were out on Elvis or Terminators, where the truck has no business then it woudl be another story if you were out there stacking.
Well, to get this back within some reason, I have this one thing to say:

Anytime you have a Toyota and a Chevy on a trail, and the Toyota has to drag the Chevy through anything other than a dirt road is DEFINATELY a good Day! :lmao:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
didn't we stack some rocks for you to get up your t-bob falls?

Good thing miller unstacked it for you!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2059443091613447639&pr=goog-sl
There was no "we" involved............the person stacking for Bob was later repremanded by Bob and myself after he yelled at me for Bob almost running him over while he was under the truck stacking rocks.........I told him that if he almost got run over then he should really re-evaluate his position on stacking rocks! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts