TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great time today. Thanks to Roberts (My034Runner) we took a little less traveled way. We found a nice little trail that had a couple of small waterfalls and slick rock. It was great to get Cody and Scott thru it with out a scratch (Mostly).

Cody worked on trying to take his running boards off with the rocks instead of hand tools.

It was a lot fun. You guys missed out on a great trip. And now we have a new trail to add to the map.

The only other mishap beside Cody, was Robert had some wiring issues (Little Smoke and The lovely smell of burnt wires) with his Engel setup.

I will get my pictures up soon. Robert has a butt load of pictures too.

·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robert, We were almost on one of the Hump n Bump trails. We turned off to early. I was looking at a map of some the trails and comparing them to the ones we done today.

I guess we just have to go back out.

·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jdblatt said:
Carl, Looks like a nice trail. Is there any pics of the hard stuff? I heard the H&B has some good, hard trails. Did you try any??
Jeff we didn't go on the trail we thought we were on. But I know where those trails are now. I am going to add them to the logandale section of the trail map.

·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dennis you did miss some fun, but hey I am always up to go out to Logandale.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Wiring issues are fixed. Luckily, it was just right there at the auxiliary battery and didn't go any further up the wiring harness. I re-wired it last night, and added a fused link close to the battery so that won't happen again. That wire must have got rubbed the wrong way and shorted out.
Fridge is back on line and ready for our Toyota120 three day trip this weekend in the Randsburg area of California.
Funny thing is, when I had the tool bag out, I picked up and moved my back up lighter socket Engel plug twice. Here I was thinking that I had to hope nothing went bad, and all I had to do was plug the other plug in. I stopped before we got on the freeway and plugged it back in so everything is good there. I can't believe that my dumb ass had that plug in my hand, and I forget that I had it. :(

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Oh yeah, and for everybody who don't seem to want hang out and wheel with us anymore, :flipoff1:

It's too bad that there were only the four of us, but the good news, that there was the four of us representing! :driving: :xpimp: :xdevil:

We had a lot of fun, and no major damage. I'm happy that I found the fun stuff that we got to play on, a little harder, but well worth it, and more fun than just taking the loop as we actually had to use 4 low! :D

Oh yeah, Here are my pictures, grab a beer and relax, you'll be here for a while (lots of pics!)

·
2,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pics Robert as always. It was alot fun yesterday. It was great to see what the vehicles are capable of. We Roberts built up 4Runner, Scotts 4Runner with just a lift and tires, Cody stock 4Runner, and my truck.

Again you guys missed out...
:neener: :xrocker: :xozzy: :aahg: :boobies: :headbang: :dancing: :woot:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
SinCity4R said:
Great pics guys. Looks like you guys had fun!

We did, we'll have to get back out there with you and Kurt. Maybe the Hump & Bump? It's coming up in a couple of weeks, the same place that we were at.
How was the wedding, or was it the class reunion that you went to over the weekend?

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
SinCity4R said:
Reunion was this weekend. It was pretty cool seeing people that I haven't seen for 10 years! Wedding is weekend after next.. Busy ass month!

Sounds like you had fun too. You want to go to the Hump & Bump? http://www.vv4w.org/humpnbump.asp

The only problem with this, is that it's on a Friday & Saturday. So I don't think that I'll be able to go, oh well, mostly old Jeeps anyway.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Looks like some fun. I would be interested in running this area. Im coming to vegas the 28th.. anyone want to wheel the 29th (sunday)? I will most likley be doing some trails the following weekend too. Leaving Town the 9th. Post up Bitches:)

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Dunk said:
Looks like some fun. I would be interested in running this area. I'm coming to Vegas the 28th.. anyone want to wheel the 29th (Sunday)? I will most likely be doing some trails the following weekend too. Leaving Town the 9th. Post up Bitches:)

You're coming in this weekend, or the 29th of next month?? :confused:
I'm getting my third member that I blew out this past weekend replaced, so I'm not sure, plus there's a big ass two (2) day concert/music festival this weekend. I was going to go on Sunday and see Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers. They're headlining Sunday. I've never seen them, so I thought I'd go. If that interests you, let me know, I'll see if I can scoop up a couple of tickets.

Also, check out this Toyota 4x4 event next weekend.http://www.toyota.com/html/dm/4x4/?url=text

I signed up for the Land Cruiser trail run. Not entirely sure if I can make it, but I signed up anyway. :D

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
my034runner said:
You're coming in this weekend, or the 29th of next month?? :confused:
I'm getting my third member that I blew out this past weekend replaced, so I'm not sure, plus there's a big ass two (2) day concert/music festival this weekend. I was going to go on Sunday and see Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers. They're headlining Sunday. I've never seen them, so I thought I'd go. If that interests you, let me know, I'll see if I can scoop up a couple of tickets.

Also, check out this Toyota 4x4 event next weekend.http://www.toyota.com/html/dm/4x4/?url=text

I signed up for the Land Cruiser trail run. Not entirely sure if I can make it, but I signed up anyway. :D

Im coming in this weekend. Damn man! How the hell did you blow ur 3rd? Toyota axles are tough to damage. You will love Tom Petty. Ive worked his tour for a couple weeks before. He usually does a good show...lol... No matter how high, loaded or both he happens to be. I saw that event some time ago.. but TBH I like small to run in small groups... keeps the pace going and you can do more trails:) BTW I was in big bear 2weeks ago, we did trails all day.. but when we hit John Bull it was raining.... then snowing... :eek: Ive never seen that trail as tough as it was that day... at least at the very start...lol. I must have been working that area for about 10 minutes..lol... lockers on and all 4 just spinning.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Dunk said:
I'm coming in this weekend. Damn man! How the hell did you blow ur 3rd? Toyota axles are tough to damage. You will love Tom Petty. Ive worked his tour for a couple weeks before. He usually does a good show...lol... No matter how high, loaded or both he happens to be. I saw that event some time ago.. but TBH I like small to run in small groups... keeps the pace going and you can do more trails:) BTW I was in big bear 2weeks ago, we did trails all day.. but when we hit John Bull it was raining.... then snowing... :eek: Ive never seen that trail as tough as it was that day... at least at the very start...lol. I must have been working that area for about 10 minutes..lol... lockers on and all 4 just spinning.

I've been driving 4wd Toyota trucks since my first brand new 1981 Toyota reg. cab long bed 4x4 with a 20R and a 4 speed manual. This the first time I've ever broke one!

But it was fun while I was doing it. Check out our trip reporting thread here at Toyota120 Desert run

Out of 11 trucks, only two of us took this obstacle. One of us got lucky, and the other didn't. But we both climbed it. Especially check out the video on page 4 from Joel. watch the whole thing and you'll see where it happened.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
my034runner said:
I've been driving 4wd Toyota trucks since my first brand new 1981 Toyota reg. cab long bed 4x4 with a 20R and a 4 speed manual. This the first time I've ever broke one!

But it was fun while I was doing it. Check out our trip reporting thread here at Toyota120 Desert run

Out of 11 trucks, only two of us took this obstacle. One of us got lucky, and the other didn't. But we both climbed it. Especially check out the video on page 4 from Joel. watch the whole thing and you'll see where it happened.
Sweet pics from the toyota120 site. Looks like a trail I would be down to run fo sure!! Im still waiting for the vid to load though. Seems like I got the gist that you were out there with new gears...(breaking them in so to speak).....Just make sure you break in that third a little easier this round;) But hey... at least you made it..LMAO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts