TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What the fuck. I can't stop laughing. oh fuck...I have no idea if that was anywhere near real.

·
Registered
69 Posts
great shots, but you know what's going to be said. Is this hunting or target practice? I wish I had the ability to do this to some Coyotes in march, but hey helf the fun is staying down wind, and calling them in closer :)

very good shot non the less, I don't even think my rifles are zero enough for this kinda horse play

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Whatever the first thing was...it was fake. We got some coyotes last Saturday!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
yeah the first "animal" almost looked like a dog or a yote with the big tail waggin. hmm I've never been deer hunting though, maybe some have bigger tails?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
bulletbikeguy said:
yeah the first "animal" almost looked like a dog or a yote with the big tail waggin. hmm I've never been deer hunting though, maybe some have bigger tails?
A whitetail can easily have a tail around 12" long and 6-8" wide near the base.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It was a whitey doe and if it was real......nice shot, but many of the members here would be capable of that shot with that rest and a range finder. A 1" group @ 100 yards will be about an 8" group at that range.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
007 said:
It was a whitey doe and if it was real......nice shot, but many of the members here would be capable of that shot with that rest and a range finder. A 1" group @ 100 yards will be about an 8" group at that range.
Which still equals death if you don't shoot too high.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
007 said:
not my kind of hunting, but its better than hunting for cheap meat prices at
wal mart!
I definitely agree.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
WTF hits that hard at 890 yards? I would think even a .300WM wouldn't drop them like God hurling a Buick from the heavens. .338Lapua maybe?

Depending on what the load was, the holdover at 900 yards could be ten feet or more! (200gr Sierra HPBTMK .308 @ 3000fps with a 400 yard zero)
I bet he couldn't hit the deer if it was trotting. Even 2mph of movement would be around 42 inches of lead.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I hunt and fish a lot here in NE Oregon. Some of the country around here in wide open fields and some of it's rugged mountainous terrain.

In 2000, I was bear hunting with 3 hunting buddies when we spotted this nice bear up on the ridge. I had a 300 Win Mag with 180gr Nosler Ballistic Tip handloaded bullets. I had a Redfield Accutrak rangefinder scope on the 300 that has a built in rangefinder from 200-600 yds. I've shot 600 yds consistently with the rifle and I knew the bear was out around 700 yds. I set the rangefinder up on 600 yds and placed the cross hair of the scope on the top of her back up above her lungs. I squeezed the trigger and down she went. After Rich and I made it up the ridge and found her laying in the bottom of the canyon, she got hit exactly in the lungs right where I wanted to hit her. Of course shooting long distance growing up and doing it in boot camp for the Army helped condition my ability to shoot farther distances.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Fuck cover scent?

How can you say that is nice shooting? Spent a fortune on guns and tables and loads I'm sure then go blow up does at 900 yards?
Put one in the boiler room at 60 yards on one that is stretched out in the eastern woods- still lucky, but at least takes some ability. That shit in the video is just trigger pulling- period.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts