TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if long travel has any effect on towing?
i couldnt find anything on here...any help would definitely help my decision...
grassyass

·
Registered
513 Posts
Uhhh make sure your deaver pack can hold up whatever the weight on the ball is.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the most i would be towing would be 4500lbs...but thanks for the info...looks like ill be going for the long travel...there goes my money:rolleyes:

·
Registered
513 Posts
I wouldn't tow 4500lbs if the deaver pack is a 10 pack. the 12 would hold it but the 10 pack would sag. Depending on how the trailer was set up and how balanced it was. My:2cents:
Also if he had the 12 pack or the 10 pack do they come with overload leafs? or would he need one?

I say, "the LT truck shouldn't be towing, it should be towed".

·
Registered
340 Posts
The 10 or 12 pack have no overload leafs unless you want them from deaver thats why they flex so good. I had a 10 pack in my truck at first and loved the flex but they had NO load carrying or trailer hauling at all, well unless it was lighter than 1000lbs. I had to change, but I went with OME dakar leafs due to the progressive rate of the leaf pack and the overload springs. I love them. I can tow my holiday trailer which is about 5000lbs loaded and rear sag is minimal. Off-road flex is still pretty good. My truck is a dailer driver and expedition rig so I have to make some sacrafices to be able to carry loads on long distances.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
those OME sound like what im going for...thanks for the replys!!

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
why is there talk of 10 and 12 packs????? arent they replacement packs? Shoulnt i be seeing the words Deaver-62's

There was a thread like this on DR.....All i read was a linked rearend should never tow anything.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but the 62's are 12 leafs.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hmmm...then maybe i should wait on that long travel then...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well with the "Long travel should be towed!", I am not gonna be romping 24/7. This is gonna be a Play rig for me(I had this same question, so this is great timing because I was just coming on to post this) and a daily driver too. So even though the consensus is not to tow, the best bet would be the Deaver-62's?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Well with the "Long travel should be towed!", I am not gonna be romping 24/7. This is gonna be a Play rig for me

so why the fuck are you spending all that money on it????

to look cool maybe:D:p

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah...I like romping the curbs at the Galleria.

lol. I WILL be there a lot, but there is still shit I gotta do here at home. So it would be handy to be able to use the same truck I romp with in the desert to haul around some small trailers. Or, even when im going on a Trip to the desert, I can hook up a trailer with all my gear!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah...I like romping the curbs at the Galleria.

lol. I WILL be there a lot, but there is still shit I gotta do here at home. So it would be handy to be able to use the same truck I romp with in the desert to haul around some small trailers. Or, even when im going on a Trip to the desert, I can hook up a trailer with all my gear!
Well you could get 62's and keep your bed. I believe they can handle 500lbs? So just load it into your bed. But yea welcome to the world of building a long travel truck. I just have my friends carry all my crap for me haha.

·
Registered
340 Posts
OME isnt exactly long travel. at all.
no OME isn't long travel, but it will flex alot better than what he has in the truck now and might serve his uses better for towing a trailer. Unfortunatly its hard to fill both uses. soft flexy suspension while towing a trailer. :2cents:

·
Registered
258 Posts
LOL

Knowing all my buddies, they wouldnt carry my shit, so somehow I would get stuck with mine AND their shit. So im preparing, and getting the Cantilever in the rear, so I can keep my bed. Yeah, its more work, but I like work. =]

·
Registered
513 Posts
LOL

Knowing all my buddies, they wouldnt carry my shit, so somehow I would get stuck with mine AND their shit. So im preparing, and getting the Cantilever in the rear, so I can keep my bed. Yeah, its more work, but I like work. =]
Ummmm you can do a simple hoop through the bed, there are tons of designs and that will still let you fit a bike/wood/etc... and... it will be a hell of a ton cheaper than a cantileaver setup (assuming you pay someone to make it).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts