TTORA Forum banner

Long Travel cost?

8K views 45 replies 24 participants last post by  tim p 
Do you realize what you just posted? The guys that produce long travel aftermarket suspension systems, I.E. Total Chaos, Camburg, Esb, Velocity....are by no mean rookies. If you want to talk about the cost of an upper control arm you first need to know what goes into them. One uniball retails for $135.00 which would make two uniballs $270 which is already over your magical price of $250. Now throw in the cost of the chromoly, (which isn't cheap either) and the price of the bushings, slug adapters, and then paying someone to TIG them together.......you tell me id that is a deal or not. OH wait then you have to pay someone to engineer them to preform better than stock (change the roll center).

If you don't mind, im gonna band up with the smart guys and keep supporting the sport. Look im broke too, but that doesn't mean that they should lose money and cut costs.

Lets not even start the discussion about Toyota mass producing a long travel truck, because im sure that would cost more than $250 in legal fees when grandma rolled her taco going to the store.

Was it really necessary to bring your mother into the argument about cheaper long travel? Tell you what, just for YOU I am going to build a super cheap Long Travel setup. Cast rebar, all arc welded. 20" over with 46" total travel, i will use radio flyer spindles and wing nuts instead of uniballs. As for shocks you will have to get your own. you probobly could get a set at Autozone though, right next to the NOS steering wheel covers, lightup exhaust tips, the tornado superchargers, and the K&N filters. I will build it next week and post pics to get you approval. And if you are ok with the idea im gonna call it the "JonnyDeluxsickestlongtravelkitever!" just make sure you get the shocks that say "XTREME!!!!" on them, i heard those are hella sick bro...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.