TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok dumb and stupid question that im probly gona get yelled at for.. ok so if i do long travel and im gona do it right. how much am i lookin at to pay for a 1994 4runner .

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
I am probably about 8 grand into my 01 tacoma and getting close. That includes camburg lt, 8 inch sway a way coilovers, fox bumps in the front. I have deaver 62's and 10 inch sway a way shocks that are going to be installed with a cantilever setup in the rear. Still needs to be caged and that will be the most expensive thing most likely.

·
Registered
225 Posts
No problem. Also keep an eye out for used parts. Nothing wrong with buying used parts as long as they are in good shape. That's a good way to save some cash.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
5-10k

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Plain and simple, all of your money.
so true... honestly, your truck will never be done. frontend is usually $3400 without shocks just for the kit, then you need someone to install or pay someone to. then youll need a rear cage... trust me, its never ending.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
haaha ok thansk you gus this helps a lot. now you have me thinkin twice about this idea. maybe i might just lift it haha

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
haaha ok thansk you gus this helps a lot. now you have me thinkin twice about this idea. maybe i might just lift it haha

Just take it slow....yes, it will cost you your first born....but it doesnt mean you have to shell out 5-15k right away.....save up, buy used parts in good condition and just take it slow....you can start off with the front end...OR you could buy replacement coilovers in the front then work on a bed cage OR you can just go ahead and shell out 1k for 8"x2.5" coilovers, yeah they'll probably be sitting on your bed but at least youll know theyre gonna go on a LT kit in the near future.

The LT guys on this site have bad ass rigs but im pretty sure most of them did it in steps/stages. Unless they took out a big loan. :)

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
The LT guys on this site have bad ass rigs but im pretty sure most of them did it in steps/stages. Unless they took out a big loan. :)
Some people pay things with credit cards, and others pay cash debt free. I chose cash debt free.

You can buy 2nd hand parts, but for that truck it could be hard to find. Kit, glass, shocks, and accessories for the front will run over 5k and probably the same for the rear, plus wheels and tires. I'd say put aside about 15-20k before you start building. Do some research and figure out what you want to do with the truck first. :2cents:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks tweeter and marnes2986 .. i think i might do research and im sure gona need help on what i should get and stuff like that .

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
hahah..smitty, listen to tweeter and marnes. That is exactly how you should do it. Do it it steps, looking constantly on RDC, DR, and here for people selling their old stuff for cheap. That is the way to go if you're on a budget whether it be your daily driver or weekend toy. I happened to get my '86 yota 4x4 beater for a straight up trade for my Honda Xr50 dirtbike, my JD fab kit for $700 (or $800 it's been so long since I picked it up lol), 6 BFG Baja t/a's for $255 (Curt Leduc sells those things cheap at his Swapmeet), my latest purchase is a new LCE Stage 3 cam (just turned by hand) on RDC for half of what it goes for new, and so on. hahahah I think I can go on forever with all my parts on my garage queen project beater. The only things I bought new where all of my shocks and bumps......but, that was because it's been over a year and some change saving up lol Blame it on stupid things like rent, gas, and food. lol

Good luck with your build as there's a lot of parts for that 4runner of yours...

BTW, sorry for the novel. haha

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
thanks tweeter and marnes2986 .. i think i might do research and im sure gona need help on what i should get and stuff like that .
Best thing you can do. Just look up how you want to use it, how often, what fits your budget and save during the research time. Would've saved me some $$$ if I had spent a few months doing the same. Good luck.

·
Registered
450 Posts
just get it caged front to rear then save up while doing research. Then build up the rear then the front and your done. minus 20k in other accesories.

Or

Wait for http://www.vendettamotorsports.com/ to get rolling and have Mike do a full build for a killer price.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks Half Baked Taco, Tweeter, marnes2986.. well im not the best researcher . but can sum one give me a bazic shopping list for the front . just enough to make a difrence but i can still drive it in the process.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts