TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If money were no option (by the way it is...) what IFS lift kit offers the best flex? I'm talking real numbers like inches of up and down travel. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
If youre looking for the most travel ESB and Velocity would be the big numbers.

I myself am gonna go with a Total Chaos system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
WILD YOTE said:
If money were no option (by the way it is...) what IFS lift kit offers the best flex? I'm talking real numbers like inches of up and down travel. Thanks!
Right now its ESB for 90% bolt on application, velocity is a very nice kit but the arms arent 100% bolt on.. I do like their upright though, very beefy. However I am quite content with my TC kit also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
There is the Camburg kit. It pulls about 13" of travel.

If money was no option I would get the ESB or Velocity kit. The ESB kit has 18" of travel and the Velocity has 18-20".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,296 Posts
so are camburg/total chaos the only ones that will retain the 4wd? or can you still run 4wd w/ esb and velocity?
 

·
Not really here...
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
YoTRacer158 said:
so are camburg/total chaos the only ones that will retain the 4wd? or can you still run 4wd w/ esb and velocity?
I don't know about with ESB, but the Velocity link posted above states:

"96-03 Toyota Tacoma/Tundra 2WD/4WD Front End Long Travel Suspension
2wd will clear a 35" tire and cycle 20"
4wd will clear a 35" tire and cycle 18"
+5" per side
Zero Bumpsteer
Kit Price: $4100.00"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
With the ESB kit, I think you have to get custom axles made.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
212 Posts
04_TRD said:
With the ESB kit, I think you have to get custom axles made.
you are going to have to get custom axles made for either the esb kit or the velocity kit....


the camburg and total chaos kits can both be used with tundra axles to retain 4wd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
I believe that Jason at velocity fab is close with a guy who biulds custom length 934 cv's. I live about an hour away from him and have seen that kit up close on one of his customer/friends trucks. pretty trick. I do not personally have the kit but i can tell you from the rest of jason's product that he makes very high quality stuff. As for rock crawling, I've never seen that kit flexed out, but im sure it would do just fine with whatever you threw at it. -Drew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,257 Posts
synovus said:
I don't know about with ESB, but the Velocity link posted above states:

"96-03 Toyota Tacoma/Tundra 2WD/4WD Front End Long Travel Suspension
2wd will clear a 35" tire and cycle 20"
4wd will clear a 35" tire and cycle 18"
+5" per side
Zero Bumpsteer
Kit Price: $4100.00"
they claim 0 bumpsteer, but thats impossible with a taco steering rack, hell even stock suspension has bumpsteer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
You can get big travel number with the width that those kits are running. A nice pre-runner kit such as Camburgs and Chaos will meet your weekend warrior needs with the right shock numbers. I chose Chaos over Camburg because I would like to run coil carrier/ bypass dampener in the front.

Both kits are very nice. and they usually have extra sets in stock in case you happen to break something. Downtime would be very minimal.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top