TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, since I pretty much have unlimited access to a SAS'd rig (Molly's), I think I should do LT on mine...

I've looked into the TC setups, seems like the Gen II Caddy is the way to go - don't see any reason to keep the torsion bars in there at this point.

Thoughts on the various TC setups?

Other manufacturers?

Key words to search on?

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
It will be for rockcrawling not hardcore desert use I would assume. You can't go wrong with Total Chaos. :2cents:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A little of both, but yes, primarily slower stuff. It will be my daily driver for the foreseeable future too.

Anyone talked/emailed Vendetta? I'm not in a huge rush if it would be worth the wait...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am hoping Mike makes something for the 86-95 4x4 chassis. In a thread on DR he was saying the 2x4 kit, then 5 and 6 lug Tacos. Maybe if enough people bug him he'll do one soon. I am definitely interested if so...Otherwise I'll probably go Gen 3 TC.

Dude I know is getting the first 2x4 kit, very interested to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
700 Posts
i'd say go with TC, just because its modeled around a t100 CV, which will be a lot cheaper than going with another company that requires custom shafts to be made. also, if you break a custom shaft, you cant just go to napa or carquest or whatever and pick one up... with the t100 CV, you can. :2cents:

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thoughts on the rear? It's already coils and the gas tank has been relocated, so coilovers on a triangulated 4 link, or wishbone 3 link is very doable.

I could do leafs (63" Chevies, 62" Deavers, etc), but I would have to do extensive mods to the axle housing (cut off all the coil spring stuff, weld on leaf spring stuff).

Or I could switch to a T100 housing I guess to match the width in the front...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts