TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently mounted a set of BFG 33-12.50s on my rig and and the wheels I used where 15x10 procomps with a 3.75 backspace. to make the wheels work we had to use a quarter inch wheel spacer. now I'm left with the dilemma of finding longer wheel studs.

help me find a direct replacement stud thats longer. I've searched high and low, and can't find anything.

I'm open to maybe changing over to a 1/2 inch standard stud and just drilling out the hub to make finding them easier.

the size on the truck is a m12-1.5 with a 14.2 mm knurl, 8mm shoulder, and 40 mm thread. I need something that is about 60mm

·
Registered
51 Posts
Fletchman1 said:
I recently mounted a set of BFG 33-12.50s on my rig and and the wheels I used where 15x10 procomps with a 3.75 backspace. to make the wheels work we had to use a quarter inch wheel spacer. now I'm left with the dilemma of finding longer wheel studs.

help me find a direct replacement stud thats longer. I've searched high and low, and can't find anything.

I'm open to maybe changing over to a 1/2 inch standard stud and just drilling out the hub to make finding them easier.

the size on the truck is a m12-1.5 with a 14.2 mm knurl, 8mm shoulder, and 40 mm thread. I need something that is about 60mm
Have you tried longer shank lugs?
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/Gorilla/Mag~Shank~Lugs/page_1.htm

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that at first, but the wheels I have wont allow for a long shank lug. I'm thinking I'm going to have to switch to a standard size stud, like a 1/2 13, and use an open end lug. So that means either drilling the hub, or tack welding the new stud in place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked that possibility too. all auto parts stores show just one part number for the whole truck. so I pulled one out of the front and the back of the truck to compare (sounds stupid, but took 15 minutes during routine maintenance) and there are no difference in size.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
My rears are also longer than the front..I run rear studs in the front with 1/4" spacers in the front, works fine.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i ran into the spacer issue too and i used the stock studs and never had an issue with them and ive beat the hell out of my truck and no issues yet.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Price check on those studs
price shipped to my home, 3 days shipping, 3 more days of my truck not driveable was $105 bux for 15 studs

·
Registered
680 Posts
so what studs did you go with and did they work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I bought the lexus ARP studs. they set me back over 100 bux, however they were a pefect fit and were an inch longer over the factory stud. I did go with an open ended lug nut and everything worked just fine.

I just don't understand why so many people have longer studs in the rear than the front because mine are not. both front and rear are the same length and that's why I was having trouble.

I'm gonna be puttin up some pics soon, and I'll get a close up of the studs for ya.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
90942-02052 is the toyota part number that i came up with. i just am curious if there are any downfalls to using the rear studs in the front. im always wary of an easy fix lol.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Fletchman1 said:
I just don't understand why so many people have longer studs in the rear than the front because mine are not. both front and rear are the same length and that's why I was having trouble.
It's not that the studs are longer, it's that they're going through the hub AND the brake rotor up front.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
11 Participants
tacotoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing