TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, big thanks go's out to "Stroke" and my neighbor for the hand yesterday..... The FAUX is kind of back terrorizing the streets! :D

It didn't want to leave the driveway without a fight though......after I got it back together, I pulled it out to hose off the brake fluid only to discover I had no headlights............somehow both of the low beams blew at the same time! :dunno: ...........OK, no big deal, the high beams still work!......pull out of the driveway and hear "click, click, click" and tires barking when it's turned hard driver..........The e-locker won't dissengage and I discover after pulling back in the garage that the t-case e-brake is clunking into the driveshaft bolts when the drivetrain dumps to that side (drivetrain moves alot because of a broken motor mount :rolleyes: )

.....So long story short...it's rear wheel drive again, but I have some stuff to tweak and some more gremlins to chase away! :D

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it!!...........Now I have to tear a buch of s#!t apart and redo it/reapir it, so it'll be parked for a while still............hopefully next time it leaves the garage it'll put a smile on my face!

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4xClover said:
Well, it's a start! You have less than a month to get it finished so we can go scout out some trails for AzRocks! :D
I know...........I need to step up the pace! :D

...........I'm focusing all my attention on getting it through the inspection first though! ;)

......good news is...........it leaks from 3 less places now!!! LOL

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It should be leak free in a couple weeks (knock on wood)............just as soon as I get the twin sticks out and sent to marlin. ;)

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mark in Az said:
Leak free=good

Having to send it to Marlin=:(
It's not as bad as it sounds........I just need to pull the sticks and send them in for some "modifications"...........I would hang myself from the front bumper if I had to send in the crawler again!!! :eek:

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mark in Az said:
Ah the list of things to do never ends! This is what causes our significant others to hate our trucks. There never seems to be an extended period where there's nothing on the list of issues ;)
I here you on that one..........I'm in the same boat as my "SI" lately though.......I fix one thing and 3 more issues pop up.........I may have to just buy a Jeep! :eek:

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just a little update.....

Headlight and taillight gremlins have been executed :suicide: and the locker works again!!

.........damn I love to be able to drive this thing again!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
what were they?

FAUX X 4 said:
Just a little update.....

Headlight and taillight gremlins have been executed :suicide: and the locker works again!!

.........damn I love to be able to drive this thing again!!!!!!!! :D

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TBob said:
what were they?
Brake light problem was due to the cheap china knockoff tailight housings I have.........something is screwy with the wiring on them or something.........The headlights.......... :confused: They must have just commited suicide at the same time?..........just blown low beams.....swapped them out and all is well! :D

·
Registered
514 Posts
Man Im glad I dont have all the crap to fix. I just keep getting dents. My truck is just a magnet for trees and rocks to punch at. I seriously need to take the truck in and get all the dents out of the cab, paint and exo cage this monster.

·
Registered
322 Posts
FAUX X 4 said:
Brake light problem was due to the cheap china knockoff tailight housings I have.........something is screwy with the wiring on them or something.........The headlights.......... :confused: They must have just commited suicide at the same time?..........just blown low beams.....swapped them out and all is well! :D
I wonder why the headlights seem to go out at the same time - I had the same problem a couple months ago. One burned out and a couple minutes later the second one went. Almost seems like when one burns out, there's not enough resistance in the circuit and the second bulb gets too much juice.??? :confused:

·
Takama's-N-Shit!
9,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rijrunr said:
I wonder why the headlights seem to go out at the same time - I had the same problem a couple months ago. One burned out and a couple minutes later the second one went. Almost seems like when one burns out, there's not enough resistance in the circuit and the second bulb gets too much juice.??? :confused:
I upgraded all my head light wiring to 12 guage wiring a few years ago and I was running 90/100 watt bulbs and have had no problems until they both went :confused: ..........I just replaced them with some standard 55/75 bulbs I had laying around........they aren't as bright now but they seem to be alright enough for me........ must have just been their time to go?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
7 Participants
FAUX X 4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing