TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up last night. Doesn't start and looks a little worse than when I had it 4 years ago but I'm glad to have it back and it looks like all the good parts are still on it.

·
4,068 Posts
Picked it up last night. Doesn't start and looks a little worse than when I had it 4 years ago but I'm glad to have it back and it looks like all the good parts are still on it.

Oh snap! So....I gotta ask what the plans are for it now that you have the buggy too?

No offense meant but I think you have playtoy ADHD. :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i probably need some meds. Saw it on craigslist couldn't say no.
The buggy is v8 on 39.5's low and wide at 84 inches so I was gathering parts to build another Toyota anyway so I could have the choice of taking something smaller. Might take it out a few times like it is but really want to ditch the body and go tube on frame not like a f-toy but more southeast style like a mini bouncer.
I like the style of this one.

Definitely planning to keep both of them.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found this wheeling in the rain May 2009.

Flex shot from August 2008 with 33's

·
1,860 Posts
awesome pack from back in the day....or at least 4 yrs ago.....
im trying to decide how i am going to build my current truck...i dont have a tow vehicle so most likely a drive to trail and home truck.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
1,860 Posts
yea i did....busted out drivers window trying to hard....then drove home 3 hours in the rain with no window.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well jumped the starter and it spun but didn't turn the crank. So I pulled the starter and was able to turn the flywheel without the crank turning, not good. I'll probably pull the engine out to see what's wrong, could have broken bolts or flywheel.

·
4,068 Posts
Awesome pictures! Glad you're part of the Toyota community again!

I remember Nate taking out that glass too. On the trail leaving the parking lot about half way to the tracks there's a "hole" and he was giving her hell to get out and well...a tree got in his way and he wasn't going to let that stop him!

That was a good run for sure!

I couldn't figure out what tires were on my truck...but then I remembered they were borrowed mud terrain! When I reinstalled my tires again the lugnuts weren't torqued down and I lost a wheel the next day, lol.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found a v6/turbo 3rd for it with 4.56 gears at the u pull it, only $40

And Ballistic had the optima battery hold downs on sale so I got one of those.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made a few changes.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Traded the 36x12.50x15 tsl's for 38.5x14.50x15 tsl sx's

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trail gear doubler showed up today.

Anybody going to the Redbird Hi-lift ride this Saturday? I'll be there in the buggy. Then Harlan 8-27 to the 30th and Wishbone Ranch saturday the 31st.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Starting Saturday I will be for a week. Can't wait!

·
4,068 Posts
Shoulda gone to Harlan Oct 19 wknd for Fall Crawl! Sounds like you'll be having fun anyways. Be sure to hit up lions den whenever you get there

1 - 20 of 39 Posts