TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across this 85 sitting on the side of the road, and I couldn't help myself...:D I just purchased a 82 a couple of months ago to start building. This was what I was looking for back then....

It has a solid SR5 22RE 5 speed, new clutch cylinder, It has some type of Rough Country suspension lift, a 3" body lift, 15x12 centerline wheels with 36x14.50 TRXUS STS. The body, bed, cab and interior are all solid, straight and original. The guy had receipts for over $400.00 of recent work to get the emissions to pass, and had the front axle hubs and seals replaced. I picked it up for $2500.00. It also had a CB, Kenwood Stereo with sub. I will be removing the bed, flat/tube bedding it, getting rid of those tires and wheels and replacing with some 36 IROKs. I am looking into some Hummer Beadlocks for it , and will continue with my plans for the 82 of a cage, gears and lockers. Hopefully I can sell the 82 and have the 85 ready by the SETO in June. Here are some pics of my Toys :D

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Cool deal man! Can't wait to see it at SETO.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I hope to get this 82 sold to free up some $$$$ to get the goods for the 85. My wife is going to kill me if I don't get rid of one of them, she said it's starting to look like a used car lot around here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kyle,
I am going to list it on Craigslist for $2000.00 but I am negotiable. I think it will bring that :dunno: I have tuned it up, and will clean it up a little once it warms back up. It is running really good now. It does have a little noise in third gear though, and some cancer, but it will make someone a good base for a build up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I usually never come across deals either. But last week was a strange week for me. I looked everywhere for an 85 for months,bought the 82, and then iyt shows up.
I also looked for a Grand Wagoneer axle to do a SAS on my Tacoma since I couldn't find an 85, and I found one of those on Sunday. It is in good codition. It is at a small junkyard about 10 miles from my house. I may go get it and hold on to it for the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts