TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Marlin rear bumper delivered yesterday. Now I just have to get it painted and get the chrome POS and receiver hitch off my rig. Anybody got any good tips on painting this thing? Thought about just powder coating it but then I can't really touch it up when I beat the crap out of it. I didn't have alot of luck priming and painting my sliders. I didn't like the way they came out.. probably operator error in my painting...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Try sandblasting it first.... When I first painted my sliders I didnt sand blast and it only barely stuck... sandblasted them this time... OMG the POR-15 literally jumped out of the can onto the sliders....

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info!!! Wonder where I can get something that big sandblasted any ideas?

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
9,051 Posts
The Phone book would be the first place to look or :google: sand blasting and your city.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
POR15 is great! I saw a guy here locally that painted his sliders with it and its wonderfull. He even scraped the rocks with it and it didnt chip the paint off to bare metal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
TacoDell
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing