TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i got the 22re motor and would like to get more horses out off it, i have several mods done to it like k/n air intake and little other stuff wat would u guys to get more horses, i found chips availible for my year 92 on ebay along with some cams and would like to know wat u guys would do my motor has 239,701 miles on it and still will fly down the high way and when u downshift will spin up and scoot u out no problems, so i would like to find a 22re motor thats blown up and redo the whole thing but wat would u guys do with my existing problem need more horses for decent price.
thanks
adam :welder:

·
Registered
223 Posts
The only decent mods to do, intake, header&exhaust, and cam. There are a few other things that will add a little power, just not really worth the money. I would personally leave your motor alone internally, and build the other one. When the other is built, swap all the externals and you are set. Search the pirate4x4.com toyota forum. There is an ecm mod that can be done rather than spend money on a chip. Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i used to have a '90 4x4 w/22re. i put some downey headers on it and could feel the difference right off the bat. so i would say headers are a real good place to start.

·
Registered
58 Posts
BlackMagic92 said:
hey guys, i got the 22re motor and would like to get more horses out off it, i have several mods done to it like k/n air intake and little other stuff wat would u guys to get more horses, i found chips availible for my year 92 on ebay along with some cams and would like to know wat u guys would do my motor has 239,701 miles on it and still will fly down the high way and when u downshift will spin up and scoot u out no problems, so i would like to find a 22re motor thats blown up and redo the whole thing but wat would u guys do with my existing problem need more horses for decent price.
thanks
adam :welder:
Skip the chip - not worth the price.

Other than header (Downey has issues with the EGR/gasket), FIPK, electronic ignition, hi flow cat, cat-back - that's all you can do to bleed the indestructible 22RE for all she has. I didn't notice a whole lot of extra power doing all of that. Either rebuild it, turbo it (check LC Engineering's site for both options) or drop a small block crate engine in there (my next choice - hahaha). :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts