TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine is selling his runner. Let me know what you guys think.. I was thinking of buying a trail rig in a year or so but this kinda came up since I know the owner and its true history. I really have no idea on price and what to look for on these rigs, haven't done much research yet since I wasn't even looking for one.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2519645607.html

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Friend of mine is selling his runner. Let me know what you guys think.. I was thinking of buying a trail rig in a year or so but this kinda came up since I know the owner and its true history. I really have no idea on price and what to look for on these rigs, haven't done much research yet since I wasn't even looking for one.
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2519645607.html
You couldn't buy an IFS one and build it for cheaper! I'd say if you're in the market for a 1st Gen 4Runner, go for it. Looks like it needs some lockers F&R (Aussie's run $250/ea) so you could have a locked rig on 35's for $4000. Not bad.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You couldn't buy an IFS one and build it for cheaper! I'd say if you're in the market for a 1st Gen 4Runner, go for it. Looks like it needs some lockers F&R (Aussie's run $250/ea) so you could have a locked rig on 35's for $4000. Not bad.
Yea I don't have the time or tools to do a SAS now, but Id love to do one in the future once I have a house with a decent garage and welding equipment.
I can probably get it a little cheaper so maybe $3500 for a locked runner on 35's...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Looks like a good deal. I picked up my 89 pickup with SAS and 35's and rebuilt 3.0 for 3k. I have put much more into it since then, but it looks like thats a pretty good deal! As mentioned earlier, much cheaper than in you did all that yourself! That's why I went that route, and found one that was already done.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a good deal. I picked up my 89 pickup with SAS and 35's and rebuilt 3.0 for 3k. I have put much more into it since then, but it looks like thats a pretty good deal! As mentioned earlier, much cheaper than in you did all that yourself! That's why I went that route, and found one that was already done.
Yea it seems like a good deal to me as well, and it really helps that I know the guy so I know its done right and he's not BSing everything for the sale.
I just need to see if I can manage the finances now..

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Drew: let me know if you need someone to go look at it with you. I am more than happy to join. Looks like a good deal for the what's been done to it. Just need to drive it and see if everything works as said in add.

·
Registered
210 Posts
looks like a good deal. one question... how did he do carnage and holy cross without any lockers?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Drew: let me know if you need someone to go look at it with you. I am more than happy to join. Looks like a good deal for the what's been done to it. Just need to drive it and see if everything works as said in add.
Thanks Chris, I'll let you know.. Im just entertaining the idea right now.

·
7,735 Posts
Hell.. I did Boulder carnage in my ifs taco. Towards the end, it wasn't that big of a trail. I did HC in my Taco too (except for cleavland rock of course).

DISCLAIMER: this has nothing to do with the quality (or lack there of) of this rig.. just sayin...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts