TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking for someone who knows how to design and build cages here in SoCal...I need a cage built for a Chump Car we are building. I am willing to pay as long as it's reasonably price

but I do have a kicker...I would like to be involved in the process in other words I want to learn how to bend tube and the proper technique to welding the cage up. I have experience welding but I am no professional...

So if you are willing to show me the ropes a bit and get paid to build me a cage I would really appreciate it. I want to learn for my own personal knowledge I am not going into the fabrication business! :smokin:

This is pretty much what we need...

And it's going into this...the car will be totally striped of course, no glass no dash, nothing that will get in the way. I will trailer the car to where ever your location maybe and I can bring my own welder as well. I have a Hobart Handler 180 Mig Welder with Gas

So if you are interested please hit me up...I can buy a similar bolt in cage from autopower for about $800 so I am hoping I can save a few bucks by having someone build one for me.

So if you are interested or know someone who wants to make a few bucks please point them in my direction! I can be reached via Email @

[email protected]

and by txt @ 323.206.6528

Thank You!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
If you can buy one for 800, you will not beat that price. Buy it, and be happy.

I could not touch a cage fab for less than 3-4k, and that is using HREW, and not 4130. Steel got a LOT more expensive over the last 5 years. Last cage I built was about a 7500 investment for the owner. There are a lot of hours of cutting and fitting in one. Especially if it had to be tig welded rather than mig. Mig covers a multitude of sins in cut and fitment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts