TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

pretty new to TTORA and this is my first time posting in the PA chapter.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good shop to get differential work done at as well as a shop that is able to do an old school alignment since I have a lift and the factory numbers are out the window?

I live in Philadelphia, right on the Montgomery County line. Anyone in the somewhat area have a trusted tech that they could let me know of?

Thanks and glad to be here,

Jon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
86Toy, Mark, should be able to help you outwith the gears, I am hoping to have him do mine once I get the money saved up for gears. He is up in Mifflinville.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
987 Posts
barnaby said:
Hey all,

pretty new to TTORA and this is my first time posting in the PA chapter.

I am wondering if anyone knows of a good shop to get differential work done at as well as a shop that is able to do an old school alignment since I have a lift and the factory numbers are out the window?

I live in Philadelphia, right on the Montgomery County line. Anyone in the somewhat area have a trusted tech that they could let me know of?

Thanks and glad to be here,

Jon
i can do your gears for ya if you want references just ask on here i've done a couple guys axles on here i can also do you alignment for you if you wish but you will have to schedule an appt. at my work and request that i do it. I'm a Technician at Independence Toyota in Hazleton we have a brand new Hunter alignment machine if your interesed shoot me an e-mail from the link in my sig.

BTW what is your rig??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,700 Posts
86 toy said:
i can do your gears for ya if you want references just ask on here i've done a couple guys axles on here i can also do you alignment for you if you wish but you will have to schedule an appt. at my work and request that i do it. I'm a Technician at Independence Toyota in Hazleton we have a brand new Hunter alignment machine if your interesed shoot me an e-mail from the link in my sig.

BTW what is your rig??
Do you guys have everything to balance lug centric wheels for the yotas?

Sorry for the thread hijack. :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
86 toy said:
i can do your gears for ya if you want references just ask on here i've done a couple guys axles on here i can also do you alignment for you if you wish but you will have to schedule an appt. at my work and request that i do it. I'm a Technician at Independence Toyota in Hazleton we have a brand new Hunter alignment machine if your interesed shoot me an e-mail from the link in my sig.

BTW what is your rig??
cool, thanks 86toy. It is a little far from me but I'll defintiely kep you in mind when I get the stuff.

I have a 99 4x4 with a 2.7. Lifted about 2.5 front with a Donahoe spacer and about 3 in te rear with some alcans, but have some Donahoes and Camburgs coming from wheeler's as we speak. Some type b uglies too. Wife is gonna have my newts when she sees that one.

Hey, does anyone know if it is OK to remove leafs in order to lower lift a bit or does it cause high stress in the gap? I have progressive packs and they ride great but are just too high in the ass.

Ridge...no worries, that is a good thing to know. The Haweka right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whoops I meant Rodge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Not sure what you mean by an "old school alignment" but my mechanic had no problem doing my alignment after I put a 3" ToyTec lift on. They are on West Chester Pike (route 3) less than a mile west from 476.

Schumacher & Francy Auto Repair
http://www.sandfauto.com/
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,924 Posts
86 toy said:
i can do your gears for ya if you want references just ask on here i've done a couple guys axles on here i can also do you alignment for you if you wish but you will have to schedule an appt. at my work and request that i do it. I'm a Technician at Independence Toyota in Hazleton we have a brand new Hunter alignment machine if your interesed shoot me an e-mail from the link in my sig.

BTW what is your rig??
Mark installed 5:29:1 gears, a lockright in the front, and welded the rear...
great job
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
987 Posts
Rodge said:
Do you guys have everything to balance lug centric wheels for the yotas?

Sorry for the thread hijack. :eek:
yes sir we do all it is is an adapter for the balancer that centers the wheel by the lug holes instead of the center of the wheel.. i use it everyday :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
987 Posts
barnaby said:
cool, thanks 86toy. It is a little far from me but I'll defintiely kep you in mind when I get the stuff.

I have a 99 4x4 with a 2.7. Lifted about 2.5 front with a Donahoe spacer and about 3 in te rear with some alcans, but have some Donahoes and Camburgs coming from wheeler's as we speak. Some type b uglies too. Wife is gonna have my newts when she sees that one.

Hey, does anyone know if it is OK to remove leafs in order to lower lift a bit or does it cause high stress in the gap? I have progressive packs and they ride great but are just too high in the ass.

Ridge...no worries, that is a good thing to know. The Haweka right?
did i mention my prices are cheap!!!
if you bring me your truck i'll do both axles for $400 plus the price of parts
if you bring me the diffs already out of the truck i'll do both for $250 plus parts
you won't find a shop that will do them that cheap

you can pull out a leaf like the second of third up from the bottom of the pack i wouldn't remove any more than that. your truck might not hold as much weight in the bed with a leaf removed though
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top