TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can anyone suggest a good local shop in the springs for some work? I need to swap the front diff on my 4runner, and dont have the room or a compressor to do it. i had a great mechanic i used to go to that was a friend of orangecrusher, but due to some bad luck, he isnt able to do mechanic work anymore. Im looking for a place to do it for a reasonable price, as i was quoted about $100 from my old mechanic. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated so i can get this runner up and running.

thanks

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
What year runner?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
by the time wakkjobb actually gets back to me with a price, I could do it myself with hand tools ha ha.
Oh ha ha ha... I've been a touch busy, and I don't think I can beat $100 to swap a diff; unless I'm thinking it's easier than I imagine?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ha ha ha... I've been a touch busy, and I don't think I can beat $100 to swap a diff; unless I'm thinking it's easier than I imagine?
there are 3 bolts holding it to the frame, and 6 bolts per cv that has to come off. im willing to help, i just dont have the place or compressor to do it. it looks like it is pretty straight forward and easy to do the swap. (famous last words)

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
If it was a 96+ I could get you swapped with hand tools in 2/3 hours

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
drpdmazda
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing