TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Indy area that would be willing to loan a hand/welder to put on some sliders next week? Mine is stuck in Rockford right now and I don't particularly care to drive that far to install.

Thanks!

·
1,860 Posts
i am up near elwood. work 7 daays a week but dont go in till 1230pm. if you wana run up 37 early one morning you can use mine to burn em on!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am up near elwood. work 7 daays a week but dont go in till 1230pm. if you wana run up 37 early one morning you can use mine to burn em on!

Thanks a ton man, I may have to take you up on that if Bear doesn't chime in. Hopefully they show up next week before wheeling on the weekend

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
When? Lol & can you give me the low down on exactly we'll be doing? Just mounting or do you need to construct as well?

Pm me if you feel more comfortable talking that way

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Anyone in the Indy area that would be willing to loan a hand/welder to put on some sliders next week? Mine is stuck in Rockford right now and I don't particularly care to drive that far to install.

Thanks!
What's the latest on your sliders?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't know about Connor, but mine came in today and I could use a hand. Don't own a welder, and haven't welded since sophomore yr of college, so I'd need some help. If anyone is having wrenching party soon, or can lend a hand, I'd appreciate it. I'd of course pay for any materials used...

Here's a pic of them

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Right now I m immobile & no one has expressed any needs for a w.a.t but there is a welder in my garage and as long as I do not do any lifting or extending my arm I might be able to help.

Anyone interested in residing my taco? I am okay at wiring but I know I don't know as much as I need to in order to get the truck fixed.

Maybe we can get a wrenchathon going soon. Otherwise let me know if you want to come over to install your sliders

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
I got word from Connor his sliders came in, so we are looking to put together a mini w.a.t or a weld-fest. Except for my shoulder this weekend is best for me

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm good for tomorrow. Other plans fell through so I'm open until 5 ish. Just let me know where and when. I grew up on the west side so I'm pretty familiar with the area.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Sounds good! I am on my way now to get welding gas. We'll be starting Connors around 3. But if you want to get started earlier since you have plans after 5 we could start earlier. I'll be around all day, I just can't lift much on my own. I'll pm you phone numbers & address

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll get over as quick as I can from work, traffic shouldn't be too bad from Greenwood over at that time I wouldn't think

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
after helping Adam with his install, my shoulder was pretty wiped out so I left most of the work on Connors install to him lending more "moral" support acting as "photo bitch" while Connor who utilized what I was able to provide regarding garage space and tools:

Adam has the photos of his install, (my camera doesnt go out into the garage while there is grinding going on) and Pam was out during Adams project and borrowing my phone so I couldn't take photos of his.

Both Adam and Connor both need to finish painting the sliders, but both left with great looking runners. I am glad they both decided to join our little chapter, both should make good additions. now let just see if they can add their own photos of the "finished" products. LOL;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have to throw an enormous amount of thanks to Bear for providing the welder and expertise in installing my sliders. They came out great, and I couldn't be happier. Wish I could have stayed and helped with Connor's, but had to run by the time he showed up.

Fitting them up...

Welding them up...

All finished..minus paint.

I plan on painting them this week...Rustoleum Hammered.

Thanks again to Bear and his wife for being so welcoming and helping me with these.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
The big question still remains...is the wifey happy with the sliders? Lol

It was a lot of fun! Glad we were able to help (if you want to call it that) the offer will always be there for you about helping. Whenever you might need something just let me know.

As Connor & I talked about those "runners" need skid plates. Let me know when you are ready for a set...or that bumper. Hahaha

Your sliders did turn out good though! Hope you put them to good use!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
At some point I will get them painted this week but I've been slammed with exams and a term paper so everything else is on hold at the moment. And the blown axle seal and the abs grounding problem and the list goes on

I've finally got a totally free day Friday so hopefully progress will be made

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
How does "totally free Friday" work at apartment complexes? ;) lol

As I mentioned last week, CODEMAN also has an axle seal that needs attention, but I am second guessing myself on needing a press. Come to think about it I needed a press for the rear bearings, not seals :doh:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How does "totally free Friday" work at apartment complexes? ;) lol

As I mentioned last week, CODEMAN also has an axle seal that needs attention, but I am second guessing myself on needing a press. Come to think about it I needed a press for the rear bearings, not seals :doh:
I guess I'm about to find out, plead ignorance if need be. Should easily be a <2 hour job based on how putting in my locker went. She's leaking pretty bad now

·
Registered
285 Posts
it depends, if it's the outer seal, you are fucked. the ABS ring is a bitch, even for a shop.

if it's the inner seal, about 1 hour, I've done mine twice. the most work is on the brakes. parts is about 10 bucks, a seal and O-ring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
7 Participants
Bear
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing