TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,039 Posts
El Guero said:
Is anyone running an old Toyota axle? did you flip it over or switch out your T- case? is anyone running two old T-cases together?
Nate from FLA (wildcardtrd) is running (or ran)an old toy axel. He acutally took the axel apart and switched it around to be a drivers side drop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
El Guero said:
Is anyone running an old Toyota axle? did you flip it over or switch out your T- case? is anyone running two old T-cases together?
If you cut off the axle tubes and have it redone so it is driverside drop then you could. Only other way is to run a divoriced t-case like Nate did in florida. Both good ways but you also have to take in that the axle is about 5 or 6 inches narrower then the rear axle on the tacoma. But if you had it retubed then it would be no problem. Try a landcuiser axle, might be a bit wide and not sure of the pumpkin side but could work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
458 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
If you cut off the axle tubes and have it redone so it is driverside drop then you could. Only other way is to run a divoriced t-case like Nate did in florida. Both good ways but you also have to take in that the axle is about 5 or 6 inches narrower then the rear axle on the tacoma. But if you had it retubed then it would be no problem. Try a landcuiser axle, might be a bit wide and not sure of the pumpkin side but could work.
If you go to the hassle of retubing it to be wider then you are still dealing with custom inner axles. At that point why not just use a custom width toyota housing from Front Range Off-Road (http://www.frontrangeoffroadfab.com/front_axle_housing.htm). Then you can make it either drivers or passengers drop and any width. A FJ-80 land crusier axle is a better choice as far as width goes but its still passenger side drop.

later!
shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
787 Posts
Do you know the width of the fj80 axle? I know its coil sprung but other then that I have no knowledge. I didn't even think about the FOR axle. Its pretty sweet. Does FOR make one for the rear too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Toyasaurus said:
Do you know the width of the fj80 axle? I know its coil sprung but other then that I have no knowledge. I didn't even think about the FOR axle. Its pretty sweet. Does FOR make one for the rear too?
63.5"
That's what I'm going to run in the front. FZJ-80 front axle, T-100 xcase, IFS/T-100 steering box, radius arms, and coils.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Dirty White Boy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing
Top