TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got two fords 94 f350 37 swampers lockers, 2000 superduty ford diesel.I am looking for a new truck for my wife and kids. I like the toyota plus lots of after market support. Just wondering which is toyota"s best chassis 4 door tacoma, fj cruiser or four runner. I have always had trucks but want the best platform for mods

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Welcome.

FJ's dont have much for mods quite yet. They DO, but nowhere near as many as the runners and the Taco's in comparison. IMO they lack storage space, if you want a rig for more then two people....your FJ will be overloaded quite quickly.

The Runners have quite a bit of mods available...some asshats around here would send you to another certain website all about runners, and not give any answers to direct questions. I have a 1st gen runner, and have found most ALL of my info here and on pirate. I love my runner, but for a family, its not that great.

Since THIS forum originally dealt with TACOMA only, you will find the MOST mod info here on the Tacoma. Be it a 4door or an Xtracab....there is more 'offroad' friendly modification info here then anywhere on the web.

By process of elimination, I would think the Tacoma has the 'most' modification info out there. New generation Tacoma excluded, those are another ballpark. (05 and up)

Since you have the future ex-wife and kids, IMO your best off with a doublecab tacoma, pre new generation....

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
Welcome to TTORA!

Plus, remember to use the Search Button and check out the Newbie Tech thread to see if your questions have been answered before. You can always hang out with your local chapter's members to see and ask what they have tried and used.
Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts