TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: Curious if anyone has got a source for a similar switch to what 4x4mods.com has got. I have been trying to order, but they have not been able to accept online orders for awhile, and emails to them get returned as spam.
Here is what I am looking for:
ThePinkTaco said:
The price is good, $9.99 each with cheap shipping....I have checked ebay etc. I like the idea of being able to order them prelabeled...

thanks, Robb

·
TTORA SoCal
1,976 Posts
Yeah, I ordered for them in December and it took a month to get the switches to me. They are carling type switches, so you might be able to look around on a google search. I had a hard time finding anything like them though:(

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i ordered some of those switches a couple of months ago like in november and it got here within the week and i love them

·
Registered
183 Posts
12voltguy.com

Mark

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
ocdropzone said:
Hi: Curious if anyone has got a source for a similar switch to what 4x4mods.com has got. I have been trying to order, but they have not been able to accept online orders for awhile, and emails to them get returned as spam.
Here is what I am looking for:

The price is good, $9.99 each with cheap shipping....I have checked ebay etc. I like the idea of being able to order them prelabeled...

thanks, Robb
I have 3 that I'll never use.

1 6-pole, yellow "driving lights" on/off/on
1 4-pole, green, "rear lights" on/off
1 4-pole, blue, "welder" on/off

$10ea shipped.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hytenor said:
I have 3 that I'll never use.

1 6-pole, yellow "driving lights" on/off/on
1 4-pole, green, "rear lights" on/off
1 4-pole, blue, "welder" on/off

$10ea shipped.
Chris: thanks for the offer, it is truly appreciated..Great deal. I should have checked this earlier, unfortunately I just placed a order for the switches a few minutes ago..http://www.4x4mods.com/ just got their website back up..
Hopefully another member will see your post and take you up on the offer..
Thanks,
Robb

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Are you sure about those pole counts, Chris? Although you can find switches with pole counts that high they are more or less uncommon especially in toggle or rocker variety.
In switch terminology a pole is the moving or common contact, it's not the total number of terminals.
A DPDT or double pole double throw switch would have 6 terminals. Two for the switch commons or poles and four for the switched circuit contacts i.e. the double throw or two switch positions. A DPDT switch is like two separate single pole two position switches ganged together. A SPST is a simple on-off switch with two position and two terminals. It's either an open or closed single circuit. A SPDT has a single switch common or pole and three terminals that forms two different closed circuits, one in each position.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Are you sure about those pole counts, Chris? Although you can find switches with pole counts that high they are more or less uncommon especially in toggle or rocker variety.
In switch terminology a pole is the moving or common contact, it's not the total number of terminals.
A DPDT or double pole double throw switch would have 6 terminals. Two for the switch commons or poles and four for the switched circuit contacts i.e. the double throw or two switch positions. A DPDT switch is like two separate single pole two position switches ganged together. A SPST is a simple on-off switch with two position and two terminals. It's either an open or closed single circuit. A SPDT has a single switch common or pole and three terminals that forms two different closed circuits, one in each position.
just check their site for diagrams of his varrious switches ;)
I think the reason for the 4-pole on/off switch is that they have 2 lights. one that is on when your interior lights are on and a brighter one that goes on in the 'ON' position.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
Who's site, what link? I think what you are talking about is a two pole/four terminal on-off switch. Again the pole count is not the terminal count, Chris. In this case what you have is DPST for double pole single throw switch. It has four terminals but only two poles. Poles does not denote the number of terminals but the number of switch commons.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Who's site, what link? I think what you are talking about is a two pole/four terminal on-off switch. Again the pole count is not the terminal count, Chris. In this case what you have is DPST for double pole single throw switch. It has four terminals but only two poles. Poles does not denote the number of terminals but the number of switch commons.
geeze, do I have to do eveything for you??

post #9, the one just above yours...
http://www.4x4mods.com/ :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
I was talking about a link for the switches you have, dummy.

On that site all I see are double pole (meaning two poles) DPST single throw (meaning on-off) and DPDT double throw (meaning on-on) types, some on-off-on which means the switch as a dead or off postion and a (on)-off-(on) where the parentheses indicates it's a spring loaded momentary contact position. Note the use of the term pin as in six pins meaning that the switch has six terminals not counting any terminals that may be used exclusively for illumination.
So where is the link to your four and six pole switches?

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I was talking about a link for the switches you have, dummy.

On that site all I see are double pole (meaning two poles) DPST single throw (meaning on-off) and DPDT double throw (meaning on-on) types, some on-off-on which means the switch as a dead or off postion and a (on)-off-(on) where the parentheses indicates it's a spring loaded momentary contact position. Note the use of the term pin as in six pins meaning that the switch has six terminals not counting any terminals that may be used exclusively for illumination.
So where is the link to your four and six pole switches?
http://www.4x4mods.com/Product/Jeep/Rockerswitches/identity.jpg
the one on the left is what I have with 6-pins/poles, whatever

http://www.4x4mods.com/Product/Jeep/Rockerswitches/switch5.jpg
RS43P DPDT switch
RS41P is the 4-pin DPST

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Did you miss the point all together or are you just playing dumb? LOL
guess I missed it :confused: I gave you the links to what I have.

·
Premium Member
12,929 Posts
The point was that those weren't poles you were talking about when you offered the guy four and six pole switches. Clearly you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to switch nomenclature so I was trying to learn you somethin but you still don't get it. Sigh. Damn liberal arts types are tough to teach unless you can humm a few bars I guess. LOL

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
Dick Foster said:
The point was that those weren't poles you were talking about when you offered the guy four and six pole switches. Clearly you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to switch nomenclature so I was trying to learn you somethin but you still don't get it. Sigh. Damn liberal arts types are tough to teach unless you can humm a few bars I guess. LOL
heck, I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground on most subjects :p

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chris: sounds like Dick woke up on the wrong side of something this morning..
Dick: He was offering to sell the same switches from the same vendor that I was trying to buy from so therefore the link from post #9 was correct....I knew what he meant...they are currently out of stock on SPST
this place gets entertaining at time...anyway, soon I will have the switches I need with have the amount of holes in my dash since I got the one/off/on switches i needed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts