TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any Moderate trails that may be OPEN in Colorado now? Maybe near Grand Junction or Pueblo? :confused:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
There's still a bit of snow up here in the high country, but I'll probably hit some trail heads this weekend to see how they look. I know there has been some discussion about Bangs Canyon outside GJ and a run there in the next few weeks, and I get the impression the trail is versatile, but have never been myself.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The trail isn't that bad at all, I recommend skids as it gets very rocky the further you go. The optional-popular obstacle, the stairs/steps are traversible downwards by lifted vehicles that have a short-wheelbase (or highclearence bumpers...) as after your back wheel drops, you'll rip your stock bumper off, this so being the case with my FJ cruiser with stock bumper OME lift/33" tires.

Going up is possible for stock vehicles without damage, I recommend a lift and oversized tires...the overall trail though is rocky rocky rocky the further you go, Sliders/skids/a lift would make you rather safe. If it's rainy, traction can be a bitch. On a scale of 1-10..I'd rather it a 5-6. But it's nothing extreme...Stock FJ cruiser/4runner made it out without only dented skidplates. Neither attempted the stairs though...which is more or less on par with an 8. Check out traildamage.com...

I do not know any other moderate trails in the GJ area, I'm new to Colorado. Coal Canyon...according to trail damage appears to be moderate.

Hope to meet up with some of you soon,
Jordan.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Seems like most everything on the Front Range is still snowed in. The best place to check is www.co4x4.org - seems like everyone with a Jeep is on there. With the nice weather the past week and half, I would think some stuff is going to be bashable soon!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
need some trail info

I'm headed to Grand Junction tomorrrow, Saturday, can anyone tell me some MODERATE trails that would be good to try with my '06 Tacoma????? Also, if you could recommend some in Moab to try, in case we end up there on Sunday; I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Jim. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
dr350jja said:
I'm headed to Grand Junction tomorrrow, Saturday, can anyone tell me some MODERATE trails that would be good to try with my '06 Tacoma????? Also, if you could recommend some in Moab to try, in case we end up there on Sunday; I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Jim. :)

Bangs Canyon, some spots you'll need careful tire placement unless your lifted etc...Should be fun though, and is about all there is that's not extreme that I'm aware of...I'll be in Moab tomorrow, or i'd offer to run Bangs with you.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FJGrandJunction said:
Bangs Canyon, some spots you'll need careful tire placement unless your lifted etc...Should be fun though, and is about all there is that's not extreme that I'm aware of...I'll be in Moab tomorrow, or i'd offer to run Bangs with you.
have a good time in Moab. Isn't Bang's Canyon a DIFFICULT RATED TRAIL?? My biggest problem is I don't have skid plates or sliders on this Tacoma! :(

·
Registered
80 Posts
dr350jja said:
have a good time in Moab. Isn't Bang's Canyon a DIFFICULT RATED TRAIL?? My biggest problem is I don't have skid plates or sliders on this Tacoma! :(

Uh rated difficult...not sure but who...Its rocky but with Tacoma clearence you should be fine. Check my video out for trail conditions...It's posted in the past events section, was footage taken-last week. Stock 4runner made it and only hit her front skid..once, and she wasn't the posterchild of experience...But she did very well. :saw:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
dr350jja said:
Hey Jim, when you planning on arriving in GJ? I've got the weekend free and could probably catch up with you there around 3pm, or if your still around on Sunday, anytime. Eric

1 - 10 of 10 Posts