TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just looking for a shop that sells tubing.i want to TRY fabbing a few things myself before deciding to have AJ do it.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
ABC supply is another option- not sure how Blue Collar's tube selection is as far as DOM. S&S or SKS or something like that is I think a pretty decent place for DOM. Blue collar is great for scrap .45/lb IF you can find anything you want- regular stock they only sell in 20foot sections. ABC will cut stuff for you and with a cut charge only sell the length you want.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ABC if you want DOM. When I was looking for DOM this was the cheapest place I found in the area.
I don't think Blue Collar carries round tube, but they are great for plate steel and square tube as well as bolts and all other good stuff you didn't know you needed.
S&K steel is really close to Blue Collar but I don't think they carry DOM either. They carry plenty of welded seam round and square and other goodies though.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im adding a main hoop and runners to the bed.im not sure yet if im tying it to the sliders for protection outside of the bed or keeping everything inside the bed.probaly 1.75" dom is what ill use

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey, when I did my sliders I was in Davis. I called a ridiculous amount of shops, and for the amount I wanted (30 feet), Metal Craft Warehouse was the cheapest by a huge amount. They even charged the least amount for doing cuts. They are on Enterprise in West Sac, and their number is (916) 374-9003.

·
Registered
398 Posts
moose metal is in concord

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
how much does 30 feet go for ?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
1.75" x .120" wall mild steel round tubing

·
Registered
200 Posts
How about a DOM tube source in San Jose/ South Bay area? I have been to Simm's but they don’t sell DOM. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ross

·
Registered
200 Posts

Anybody....anybody....

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
just looking for a shop that sells tubing.i want to TRY fabbing a few things myself before deciding to have AJ do it.
there is a huge metal shop on Mare Island that is supposed to have killer prices. I haven't had a chance to check them out yet. you can see it as you go over the bridge on hwy 37

1 - 13 of 13 Posts