TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I am looking at buying a early to mid 90's Toyota 4wd..Not to do any serious off roading or anything but to have as a pickup around the house and to use as a 3rd vehicle, maybe a little off road:) Do yall have any advice on what to look for when looking at these trucks?? Alot of them have nearly 200k miles on them and have been pretty beaten up.. Also what price range should I be looking at?? How long can these pickups really hold up?? I am looking to buy a good one that will last a very long time. Thanks for any input-

·
"Terry Tate"
3,511 Posts
I'd figure out your price range and look i that area. You can probably find an early model Tacoma. High mileage isn't a huge factor if they are even somewhat kept up, especially for a 3rd vehicle. Check book values of different years with motor, mileage, upgrades, etc. I think it might be '98 or 99 that started offering the electric locker in the rear. That's always a plus.

·
Registered
802 Posts
ever thought about a early model 4runner or truck like 85-89 might be old but really great trucks. Look good and have the 22re easy to work on and run forever. Can find them really cheap too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for input...I am actually looking at the early 90's pickups w/ 4wd. They are more in my price range- under 4k. I love early Taco's but I can't afford them, even the ones that have nearly 1/2 a million miles it seems:p
I am going to go up and check out a 92 this weekend that looks decent in pics, can't wait to see how it drives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still looking.....but i did pick up a tight T100 2wd along the way-
I am looking to trade it or sell it. I had to buy it it was in to good of shape not to..
I have a post in classifieds.. if yall know anyone that wants a good truck let me know or wants to trade a 4wd pickup for it..

·
Registered
318 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts