TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
after looking and doing some research and comparing prices, cfm volumes and all that good stuff i have came down to getting the q89 dual cylinder air compressor. For $169.00 pushes out 3.14 cfm at o psi and will air a 35 inch tire from 10-35 psi in under 4 min. Im running 33s and never air below 20 psi. any one else used this air compressor and what else would u guess suggest if not this one. THANKS

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
decent looking unit, are you going to hard mount it to the truck or leave it in the case for quick hook up?

I have a 20lb CO2 tank that handles my tires I can go from 6lbs to 30lb in my 37's in about hald the time of your compressor. It is also good for air tools on the trail where as your compressor will probably not be able to handle that type of load.

Under the hood I have a Tsumami M50 (I believe is the model number) that airs up both my arb lockers. I have a quick disconnet attached to it so that if I run out of Co2 I can use it to air the tires up. It also works well for air mattresses pool floats etc. Oh and the price of it was right at $50 at pep boys. I can air my 37's up with it in about 3-4 minutes as well.

If you have not purchased yet, look into that compressor. I have been happy with mine ( I also learned a trick with it regarding regulating the air flow) I can adjust the amount of pressure it puts out. I am not sure the compressor illustrated can do that or not. But I can put out as much as 150 psi or is it 200psi, I can't remember right now

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bear i was just gonna leave it in its case not mount it any where in my truck. its going on my daily driver and actually only go wheelin about once every 2 weeks and i aso want to be able to use it for other things such as airing up my quad tires

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
Thats cool, I was just curious and was going to make another recommendation regarding the hook ups. But if you are going to be removing it in and out of the truck, that is fine.

But seriously look into the Tsnaumi or however you spell it. I have mine hard mounted in the truck and it is my daily driver as well. Over all I have been very happy with it, and it was dirt cheap compared to all the other brands out there!

My kids actually love me having a Co2 tank. I am always filling up bike tires, but when the tank is empty I can still break out the compressor on the truck! Makes me a neighborhood hero with all the kids friends!:D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
this is the one I got : http://www.gearinstalls.com/pepboys.htm

the MF-1050

it's hard mounted in an amo can in the bed. I use it for tires when i have the time. I also have a co2 but only use it for air tools and tires if in a rush. The compressor backs the co2 up lol!!

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Lots of guys run the tsunami compressor and love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts