TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The VIN is – 5TBBT48101S212375
It’s a 2001 Toyota Tundra Limited 4X4 Access Cab with 115,XXX miles.
Factory Options on this vehicle include:
· All Weather Guard Package
· Premium Sound
· Off-Road Package
· Cloth Captains Chairs W/ driver’s powered
· Auto-Dimming Mirror W/temp and compass
· VIP RS3000 Security System

Here's the build spec's:

After Market Items installed:
· 35” BFG AT Tires – like new. Also included will be 35” BFG Krawlers on 15X8 TrailReady Beadlocks.
· CB Unit installed.
· Dana 44 Front Axle with 4:56 gears, ARB locker, Warn Alloy Inner and outer axle shafts, CTM U-joints and Warn Premium hubs.
· The frame is re-enforced with 1/4" steel plate.
· 2" tube sliders (.188 DOM) welded to the 1/4" steel plate.
· Custom Rear bumper is fabbed from 3/16" tubing and bolted to the frame and has a detachable drop bumper making it legal in most States.
· Front Bumper is an ARB with a 10K Warn winch with 125' of 3/8" poly line w/safety hook.
· The front leaf springs are 6" BDS.
· Steering is hydro-assist using a Red Neck Ram and a modified 1990 Toyota pickup steering box.
· The rear is a Y-4Link using Rubicon Express Super-Flex Joints, 6" Skyjacker coils and 12" Fox shocks. The rear axle shafts are still stock but with 4:56 gears and an ARB locker.
· The gas tank had to be removed for the Y-4link, so there is a 35-gallon fuel cell in the bed of the truck.
· The Transfer Case is from a V6 Tacoma, it’s a manual twin stick mated to a 4.7 Ultimate Marlin Crawler box and is protected with a 3/16” skid plate as is the transmission pan.
· Has an auxiliary Setrab power steering cooler mounted in front of the radiator.
· A Howe power steering reservoir w/filter.
· Amsoil dual oil filtration unit.
· Bed is X-Lined and the under carriage has POR-15 rust preventive treatment (reapplied August 2006). There is a Power Tank w/regulator mounted in the bed along w/a 60" hi-lift.
· All diff fluids/transmission fluid/motor oil/greases/ have been full synthetic since the first 600 miles.
· Has Arizona pin stripping and a couple tree rubs and a little rock rash on the passenger rear quarter panel - very minor.
· Interior is in excellent shape.

The tundra has been my daily driver since I purchased it new and has been well taken care of. I'm looking to trade for a moderate to stock like vehicle that has a "real" value in the $18-24K neighborhood. There's nothing wrong with it - I'm just getting up in years and have come to the conclusion that getting into and out of this vehicle several times a day no longer has the appeal that it once did. Slee's School Bus will take me most places where I want to go and for the real ruff stuff, I'll just catch a ride with whoever trades me for the Tundra. I've posted this vehicle on Pirate and Yotatech and have had several offers of "older" but well built rigs, but the monetary difference was to great for them to overcome. Others with good rigs (some vehicles were worth a little money and I was willing to come up with the difference) had to think about it after contacting me and after a little thought decided they probably wouldn't use the Tundra for it's intended build purposes and bowed out, as web-wheeling is a little different than actual wheeling.
In the pictures you'll see the oil pan is modified a bit - hi-steer required the modification. In another picture you can see where the back of the pan was added onto for oil capacity and the pickup tube was modified and moved back a little to prevent the possibility of oil starvation on steep climbs. Prior to the modification it held 8.5 quarts with the BE100 bypass filter- after - it now holds just a tad over 8 quarts using the BE90 bypass filter, so the capacity didn't change much, if at all.

Pictures can be seen here: http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o19/7Ps/

For more info or more pictures e-mail me at [email protected] or give me a call at 701-361-8294 - this is in the central time zone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One more time around the block. Lots of lookers, a few responses but nothing serious. I just replaced the starter, as it was acting up once in a while by not turning over on the first turn of the key - I took it apart and brushes looked excellent but the contacts were pitted but not badly - replaced with a rebuilt as long as I had one and I'll just rebuild this one for use on the 01 Sequoia when the need arises. Still mainly looking for a trade but will consider a cash deal as well. If no interest I'll probably see some of you in Moab or elsewhere this spring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts