TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a plasma cutter off Amazon a while back. It is a Lotos LT5000D 50A dual voltage cutter. It was only $350, so I wasn't sure about it. I have never used a plasma cutter, so it was an impulse buy. I finally hooked it up today for 220 and it worked pretty good. It cut through 1/4" no problem. I wish I had this a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Have you checked into consumables for that thing? When I was searching for checp plasmas, that seemed to be a huge hang-up... either you couldn't find them or you had to order them in bulk; like 100+.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a nice filter, but I don't really use this thing enough to need that. I would definitely use that if I had a high dollar machine though.

I have the HF filter in line to the separator that came with the plasma, so it should be good.

·
Registered
739 Posts
i just got one from Gianttech, same thing basically, i guess alot of these units are hard to get service and parts for if it comes out of a warehouse, i went with this guy as he is available and has the parts for these, i got a pack of 25 comsumables with mine so i should be set for along time, look him up if you need parts etc...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the ct520d, stick welder works good, love the tig, but the plasma cutter will not strike an arc, if it does it roasts the consumable in one arc and no more. Trash. And angry bout that part

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts