TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
loud motor - problem???

Recently, when accelerating the fan has sounded like it was blowing a lot of air. The sound sounds like a big fan blowing when I accelerate. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
185 Posts
With the engine off...try to spin the fan by hand. It should spin fairly easy. If you cannot spin the fan or it barely spins...the clutch mechanism in the fan is problably shot.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my first thought but wasnt sure. I will try that..

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fan is easy to turn when the motor is off. i revved it up manually (under the hood) and it is really loud. it sounds like it does if you manually rev the motor up when its cold.

·
Registered
54 Posts
look at your exhaust manifold/header, you probably have a crack in it

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a visual inspection of the manifold and did not see any cracks. Any good ways to check if there is a crack?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Got the same problem, did you get it fixed yet?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
put some seafoam in the engine and you will see smoke come from the crack maybe remove the cover and just take a closer look. good luck.

EDIT: wow this is an old thread :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
So i guess it was the fan clutch.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think so. I have since sold the fan and clutch to antoher member and he has had no problems with it.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Please Tell me how you stop a fan from spinning when the engine is running and still keep all of your fingers. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Use your neighbor's hand. Duh. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
441 Posts
elliot_irwin said:
put some seafoam in the engine and you will see smoke come from the crack maybe remove the cover and just take a closer look. good luck.

EDIT: wow this is an old thread :D
Well the thread is old, Seeing as i did use the search function before asking the question. I'm just trying to figure out why mine makes the an excessive amount of wind noise from time to time.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
01taco4x4 said:
Well the thread is old, Seeing as i did use the search function before asking the question. I'm just trying to figure out why mine makes the an excessive amount of wind noise from time to time.

Someone used the SEARCH FUNCTION???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts