TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 DC 4x4 taco. I bought it in july. I use to get 18-20 mpg on regular fuel all summer long. I even got 22mpg on a trip up north in mich in the summer. Now I get 15-15.5 mpg. I drive 60% city and 40% highway most of the time. The only mods my truck has are in july I installed a Truxedo Tonneu cover and a drop in K&N replacement air filter. Is the winter gas blend just shitty that the stations sell? I only use BP regular grade fuel (87 oct). Any opinions or suggestions out there that could help me. By the way I check my tire pressure weekly and I keep it at 32 psi, even when it is 5 degrees Farenheit here in Detroit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No big deal..mine is a 04 TRD Xtra and it also dropped to 16 last tank. Who knows, winter fuel mix in the north central areas, more idle time, rpm's stay higher longer during warm-up, I am never below 19 for the most part. It is warmer here in Chicago this week and I see a small differnece to the better already. I picked mine up in May 04 and I have almost ten grand on it already and it always had above 18 to 19 MPG local.

Maddog

·
Registered
185 Posts
Both of the 98 v-6 5 speeds I had got 17-18 mpg year round. I'm in NH and i'm not sure if they change the gas formulas here in the winter or not. I just checked the mileage on my new 05 4cyl and it's at 22.9 mpg. Right where it should be.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Mine has done the same thing. I have a 2003 Double Cab and I have dropped quite a bit as well. I am pretty sure that the winter gas along with a much longer time to get the engine up to operating temp (so the fuel runs richer) all have contributed. I hope that it will warm up some soon and I wish we would get rid of this damn winter fuel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts