TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the part number of the low profile drain plug that fits the later model rear axles? I need to swap out my 24mm hex head drain plug in my diff for the low profile 10mm allen bolt style. I've searched but not getting a clear answer.

This is the toyota PN I have:
Drain plug90341-18021
Gasket: 12157-10010

I know it fits up to 95s but I have an 01 V6 4runner and not sure if it's the same.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Does anyone know the part number of the low profile drain plug that fits the later model rear axles? I need to swap out my 24mm hex head drain plug in my diff for the low profile 10mm allen bolt style. I've searched but not getting a clear answer.

Drain plug90341-18021

I know it fits up to 95s but I have an 01 V6 4runner and not sure if it's the same.
swap the one from your front diff.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
swap the one from your front diff.
Hmmm good idea, I didn't know if they were the same. For some reason I remember the hole being much larger?

I'll pick one up from the stealership, as it would take me an hour to pull my skids off to reach my front diff to check.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Hmmm good idea, I didn't know if they were the same. For some reason I remember the hole being much larger?

I'll pick one up from the stealership, as it would take me an hour to pull my skids off to reach my front diff to check.
you might be right on the outer size difference. the threaded portion is the same for all the diffs, 5spds and tcases, I believe. I hated the one on my IFS front diff...wound up welding a 3/4" nut to the damn thing :p I broke off 2 10mm allen sockets before giving up.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Drain plug90341-18021

For the record these worked perfectly in my rear diff. Replaced both drain and refill with these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts