TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a clunk from the front both sides when i go over bumps, no sound when accelerating, or braking, just bumps when off road or goin down curb, backing out of driveway. Are the lower ball joints supposed to pivot a little, and or move, at a loss as to what the noise is please help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Small world! My best friend just bought a house out there in Surprise. Is it flooding out in your area?

Sorry, I can't help you with that ball joint problem!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it rained pretty good just about all day.

I just up on the fabtech 3.5" coil over kit, thought it would get rid of it, but its the same, goin to run out to test it in the desert bb in a while, any info would be sweet!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
shouldn't be any real play at all. I can't remember if it is easier to check the lowers on the ground, or in the air. My bet is in the air. Check your steering links, too.

·
Administrator
18,267 Posts
The clunk is probably something other then the ball joints. But, if you want to check your ball joints it wouldn't hurt. Place a jack right under the lower ball joint. Just as you start to raise the lower arm, check the ball joint for vertical play. Anything more then 2.3mm means its time to replace.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright, i will try that, mind you the truck only has 13000 miles on it, its an 04, i had a spacer lift on it for only 4000 miles, rode like shit, so i spent a little extra money and got the fabtech 3.5" coil kit, i read somewhere that the sway bar links get loose, i will check those to.

I went and did a little wheeling, it rides so much better, omg.

The clunk didnt seem as noticable, but it was there every so often, wierd, hate wierd noisies!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
ShowStop said:
The clunk is probably something other then the ball joints. But, if you want to check your ball joints it wouldn't hurt. Place a jack right under the lower ball joint. Just as you start to raise the lower arm, check the ball joint for vertical play. Anything more then 2.3mm means its time to replace.
Thanks, showstop. I knew there was a little trick to the lower balljoint; my chevy was always chunking them up. It seems the toy front ends mainly suffer from the upper , and the swaybar mounts coming loose. My other pig ate idler arms every weekend; I am so much happier now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts