TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, this could easily be posted in newb section, yet I'm thinking I'll get a better answer from posting here. Also, I did search 8)

Is it possible to actually convert the lower valance bumper / marker lights into having the ability to also serve as fog lights?
My thought would be, if space is even possible, to drill an extra hole into the housing for fog bulbs and then wire them up. Either into the OEM wiring or separately via an aux fuse block with relay and switch.

Anyways, anyone know if this type of conversion is possible?

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i guess if i did the corner blinker mod, i could then most likely swap out the valance lights and install some fogs there...right?

btw, that's one of the best write ups for the blinker mod...

·
Registered
984 Posts
The lower / signal lamps aren't designed to give the wide beam pattern you'd want if you're after real fog light functionality. Some folks have converted them to give a brighter constant beam - sort of a fake driving light effect.

If you want functional fog lights there, you'll be looking at replacing the units / pods. I've never seen any claims of an aftermarket unit that fits the OEM hole exactly, so some cutting would be required.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
functionality of the fogs is a definite

1 - 5 of 5 Posts